Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Site Admin here. Trying to generate a full course log of all activity by any/all users. When I access admin tools > logging and enter the course id the records listed are incredibly incomplete. In fact they only list activity for two of the six users...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a limit on how many external tools can be added?  It seems I can continue to add them, but not all of them are showing in the drop-down list when I go to add it to module...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to remove the release notes from the Global Menu under help? I do not see the option under edit the help menu.Thank you!Robin Bartoletti

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas community -Has anyone used Monday (project management software) to manage course design and build processes? I'd like to know how it works for that type of work and any tips/tricks you can share. Thanks in advance! 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I log into Canvas on my home (but not office) computer, I am always placed in a course from a previous semester. It has been suggested that I may have a bookmark somewhere that is causing that. Is that plausible? Is there anyway to find and dele...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am doing post requests with the Canvas API  to generate quiz summary reports. When I went to check the progress URLs to see if all the quizzes loaded, I couldn't access any of them. I received a 401-error saying the resource didn't exist. Do these ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi community - I am new to Canvas. I have a list of projects. The students have split into groups of 5 and I would like to allow each group to pick a project from the list. I would like the project list to change once a group has selected their proje...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI wondered how fellow educators/admins/designers would feel about incorporating a tool such as ChatGPT directly into Canvas, to reduce admin time and speed up process of things?A good example could be quizzes - a GPT bot could potentially respond t...

• 17 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Hello, When the instructor (me) and students click the Learning Modules icon at the bottom of a course homepage, it then says:Whoops... Looks like nothing is here.So an error page.  However, when students and instructor click the 'Modules' botton on ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello professor,I purchased the book on the Palomar bookstore website. I got this code: HSCOAE-SNAPK-BERNE-STUBS-MIMIR-LUTES. This code worked for me couple days ago and I saw the content of this course, but now when I pull up MyLab and Mastering sec...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Please put a feature to print materials / files / images from instructors (in the modules) without having to download the files firstThanks 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi-The second semester is starting. How do I transfer my first semester course to my second semester course? I imported existing content, then I copied a canvas course over. The transfer has been completed but I'm not seeing in my second semester cou...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am struggling to submit my assignments in canvas. I completed three on Jan. 24 which are marked as missing. I made a recording today for another submission but am unable to figure out how to upload it to submit it. Thank you. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is no way to reorganize Outcome Orders in the Learning Mastery Gradebook. I have several faculty who are using the Learning Mastery Gradebook, but the outcomes are not organized in any way. You can't do it alphabetically or manually reorganize ...

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am having a difficult time operating the computer to view lectures, assignments, and contacting the instructors

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I was thinking about using Canvas for the course I am creating. Is there a possibility to pay for the platform and use it in private courses? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My child does not have the generate pairing code option as outlined in all FAQ docs and how-to video and therefore as a parent I'm unable to add child to parent-canvas.  Please advise. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey everyoneI have a set of 18 quizzes that use 3 question banks. I have set it to pull 5-10 questions from first 2 banks, and then pull 1-2 from the 3rd bank. I would like to change the 3rd bank questions into extra credit questions. It doesn't seem...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've just busted my first student for using ChatGPT to generate an assignment. Clearly this will become more and more prevalent. My question is this--will Canvas embed an AI detector into their LMS? I would love to see this. Currently, I'm using http...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I, as an instructor, remove old Course Cards from my dashboard? The previous semester's cards are still there, taking up space along with the other 10 Canvas Course Cards various administrative entities have enrolled me in.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  I have registered for Canvas with my school email: robinsonm@chs.k12.ok.us I have been unable to log in and it does not accept my password.  It also shows my username at mrobinson614.  How can I get this corrected?  I am only trying to view a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a letter grade accopany a percentage in the gradebook? That is, 97% (A) as in BBL

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So i've been trying to figure out how to view all classes on my dashboard. I'm on the web browser version of canvas. i have clicked on everything and cant figure out how to see all my classes. Theres a specific one i need and its not Favorited. Pleas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The "new activity" button in the list view (I prefer it, so I know what assignments I have for the day) is, for lack of a better word, annoying, and I have read the feedback already. Here is what I am talking about with a screenshot (the link redirec...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where in Canvas can I find the MLA style rules for text citations, quotations, etc., for a Formal Summary Essay?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The update of Inbox of January 2023 is not yet visible in our account. Is there something we should do to see the improvement? It is visible in the beta version. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

System Admin here. I've exported a user activity log csv and wondering what would cause the context_id field to differ from the information in the url field for the same record? Example for one record:Url column: https://mycanvasite.com/courses/1234/...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have found that using a "Student Annotation" assignments allows us to post and have students complete math tests within Canvas. There are two problems, though. 1) We can't use Lockdown with assignments, so can't lock these things. 2) "Student Anno...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi, is there a way to know if the learners already claimed their badges?After we issued the badge, is there a way to know if they even looked at it, clicked the link, downloaded it etc. and not just the number of shares in social media?Thank you! 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies