Gradebook posting policy resets each day

Jump to solution
LiamN
Community Novice

Hi All,

The default grade posting policy at my institution is for all quizzes/assignments to be 'manual grade posting'.

I can change it to 'automatic grade posting' for my course but it still gets reset every day to 'manual'. This means that I have to login each morning and change the posting policy and also manually post any grades for students who submitted while the posting policy was set to manual.

Can anyone help? Is there a 'global' setting somewhere which is causing this to reset every day?

Thanks,

Liam

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @LiamN ...

This seems a bit odd to me.  Have you checked with your school's Canvas administrator or anyone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education team to see if they've implemented some kind of custom code at the Canvas account level that would change this setting every day?  Maybe they could shed some more light on this for you than we could here in the Community...since we don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or any of your courses.  If you don't get any answers from your teams there, maybe try reaching out to Canvas Support to see what they have to say.

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Looking forward to hearing back from you on this!  Good luck!

View solution in original post