How do I view and manage annotations in my media in Canvas Studio?

If you have added annotations to your media in Canvas Studio, you can view, edit, and delete annotations. Annotations include a headline and text, and you can also add links and hyperlinks. When viewers play the annotated media, the media pauses and annotations display.

Notes:

• After logging into Canvas Studio through Canvas Global Navigation, you can add annotations to your uploaded media. Annotations cannot be added to your media anywhere else in the Canvas interface.
  • You can only add annotations to your own uploaded media. However, you can add time-stamped comments to media that is shared with you.

Open Media Annotation Tool

On the My Library page, locate the media you want to annotate. Click the Options icon [1] and select the Annotate Video option [2].

View Annotation in Media

View Annotation in Media

In the media timeline you can view your annotations [1].  Locate and hover over the annotation you want to Edit, then click the Edit icon [2].

Edit Annotation

The annotation displays in the media [1].

Use the annotation sidebar to edit the annotation. You can edit the headline [2], description [3], link [4], and display text [5].

Note: Character limits display below each field.

Save Edits

Save Edits

Click the Save button.

Delete Annotation

Delete Annotation

Click the Delete button.