Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Usually Zoom is in my Canvas pages by default, but it's not there this time. I hadn't even bothered to check till I was about to start office hours for the class I teach at Wayne State University in Detroit. Any ideas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student Discussion submission that showed up in Greek for some reason. The student didn't write it in Greek and the other students in class can see it in English. Any thoughts?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have mistakenly submitted an assignment to another subject’s assignment box. After I realised the problem, I resubmitted a correct version. Both of them require turnitin check and allow multiple submissions. Will the submission history affect the s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't figure out how to separate responses to individual questions within a Discussion topic.  In Blackboard, Students reply to each question in the discussion with a separate "Thread" for that question. I have 3-5 questions for each discussion top...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I listen to a missed class on Canvas / Dashboard? I have a PSU password and a zoom password. I am in the SALC program. Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when i try to sign in on canvas it says invalid user

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy all,We are a large K-12 district with over 91,000 students and use eSchool as our SIS. We have quite a bit of movement and have had to make changes to the enrollment process over the last few years.I'm in the process of reviewing our import pro...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am trying to reset the content of a course in Canvas I am the instructor for. There is no button in the right-hand column on the "Settings" page where a help page told me there would be. Why is that?Thanks! 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student can I delete a course tile. I have tiles from my old school and want to stop getting notifications from them. And wanted to know if I can delete them as a student. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! I am trying to use outcomes for the first time. I created all of my outcomes. Then, made a question bank and aligned my outcomes within the question bank. However, when I click on each outcome to view aligned artifacts, there are no artifacts the...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to create a training for teachers to become acquainted with the Career Companions Books.  I am a new teacher and have been tasked with creating this.  I was curious if anyone knew anything about how to d...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas community,Could you help us with the following issue please:?When anonymous marking in Speedgrader, the students have reference numbers, e.g. 'Student 1', 'Student 2' etc.On two occasions now, in different modules, we have had these refer...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how do I embed a pdf in my post so it shows the documents without having to click on the link?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are at the end of the semester and I created a Class Participation Grade worth 5 points.  Trouble is I dont understand how to grade it without assigning it to the students?  Can someone help me figure out how to grade class participation in Canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am copying a course into my new shell course.  When I go into setting to copy the course, should I be in the shell course I am copying into or in the course that I am copying from?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I'm trying to accept a course invitation using a post request listed in the Cavnas API documentation. The command I'm using is:"curl http://<canvas>/api/v1/courses/:course_id/enrollments/:id/accept \                                           ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I had a loss of internet connectivity and was unable to do anything on canvas. The activity log shows differently. I want to know how accurate are the activity logs?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hello, is there a way to place all icons on the home screen? Mine isn't showing half of them. When I go in through the Dashboard, and click Microbiology, the system just kinda stays in gray and white. Anyone ever heard of this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

OK, I tried it on my own, I went to the help area and followed the detailed instructions on how to do it, and still have the problem.I am trying to add the Canvas calendar for my course CSIS110 to my Outlook calendar.  Both times, it says the calenda...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The strangest thing happened to my Canvas course this week: I needed some help grading a larger group by a strict deadline, so I added a colleague to my course, inviting her using the "Add People". She accepted the invitation, and not too long after,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed a short course in March - first time  as  a tutor using Canvas.I thought I had  completed  and submitted  the register OK but last week was told it had not been submitted.I've  done it  again  but wanted to know how I can be  sure  that I...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I put in all this time to create item banks, which I am understanding are associated with my account, not with my courses, what happens to them when I leave my current district and move to a different one?Let's say that the new district uses Ca...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way (or will there be a way) to track data, such as performance on TEKS over time and different assessments? Currently we are using another program to give assessments and track this data. We would love to keep it all within Canvas.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where do I find my SSC user name?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I put in all this time to create item banks, which I am understanding are associated with my account, not with my courses, what happens to them when I leave my current district and move to a different one?Let's say that the new district uses Ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not have WEA STEMizig class as a module.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies