All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2015. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

@rbagent ​ and  @dawn_wendland ​Wendland from the College of Southern Idaho attended the PreCon Session, All That Jazz: Canvas Essentials​. They agree it was a Fabulous Foundation and as Brand New Canvas users emphasized, "So Much to Learn and So Li...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I Dreamed a Dream: Creative Creation in Canvas​ @jperkins ​ Started the session sharing his dream - Easy creation of beautiful content that does not involve html - Per Les Miserables, some dreams cannot be.However, Jeremy has shared some simple tips ...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, my name is Q. Wade Billings and I am the Sr. Director, Global IT Shared Services for Instructure. In other words, I am the guy, who along with his amazing team, stresses nonstop about the performance, availability, and security of the services th...

• 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Charlie is the audio-video tech guy in Silverado 2. And a self proclaimed 'vidiot'. He (like many of the room techs) gets to see me running around the Canyons during pre-con, as I make sure our pre-con presenters (and attendees) have everything they...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2015
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is my fifth InstuctureCon.  Each one has been better than the last. This one promises to be the best so far. I look back at all the things I have learned at these events and I am really thankful that I have been able to attend. I get excited eve...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Gathering in the Grand Summit for pre-conference fun, InstructureCon first-timers and returners alike had the chance to hear from  @kenneth_larsen ​ and  @travis_thurston ​ about how we at the Center for Innovative Design and Instruction at Utah Stat...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Back in June of 2003 I was excited.  Soon I would start my first full time position at Lower Columbia College in Washington State as an IT Technician working to install Smart brand boards and other technology paid for by a federal grant.  Among the n...

• 11 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Awesome jazziness shared in the Canvas Essentials Pre-Con workshop today.  Have you ever wondered why your table columns seem to auto size themselves and throw all your formatting design out the window?  Stress no more - we have a move for you.  Afte...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've been walking in and out of pre-conference sessions and WOW - so much goodness happening here! Sitting in the Spoonful of Sugar Helps Canvas Go Down: Adoption Strategies​ right now and they are sharing things like "Four easy steps to help in the ...

InstructureCon 2015
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Okay, so.....lets be transparent! I work for one of the best companies on the planet. Yup, I work for Instructure.My name is Julian and I am the "Open Education Evangelist" (Best job title eva right!) based out of the Instructure Sydney office. I bet...

Community Explorer
InstructureCon 2015
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For those of you who have been paying attention to Twitter in the recent months you have noticed a new trend to compliment instcon​ , that is sneakyselfieswithkenneth​ ! Those of use working in Academic and Instructional Services at Utah State Univer...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What makes someone keep coming back to a conference?I've been thinking about this question lately, since 2015 marks my 4th InstructureCon. I work in academic technology at a small public liberal arts college in the Northeast; and like the rest of us,...

• 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Due to a 2 hour time difference, I am awake at 5:30am Utah time.   As I look forward to my first InstructureCon, I wonder if there can be a focus on newbies like myself for future conferences? Here are a few thoughts I've had about how InstructureCon...

• 10 Likes
  • 11 Replies

​As I sit in the airport waiting on my flight to InstructureCon 2015​ I am reflecting on what it is to be a community. I think many people never stop to think about this in the busy day to day of life. Looking around this terminal at this early hour ...

• 8 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The alarm went off at 3:15 this morning. InstCon 15, here I come.  @emily_beckman  and I are currently at MSP headed to DEN...then onto SLC. We will be there in time for the 3rd and 4th Pre-Cobference sessions. I'm excited to network and collaborate ...

Community Team Community Team
InstructureCon 2015
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

USU Design ToolsBe prepared to hear the term "kennethware" used not only in conversations, but also in many presentations at InstructureCon 2015.​ If you don't already know, Kennethware is the project name for a product that Utah State University’s C...

• 11 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't believe this will be my fourth time at Instructure Con :smileygrin:. Through the years I've attended lots of great sessions and learned some great things that I've been able to take back home and share with my colleagues. So as I looked throu...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2015
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 Replies

At InstructureCon 2014, Canvas reached out to some Instructional Designers to join Hack Night for support with integrating Open Educational Resources into courses.  This year, Instructure will move from dipping a toe in the water to diving in the dee...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 4 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For those those who've attended InstructureCon before, you probably noticed the Keynotes and other General sessions are being held in the Sundial Tent and not the Forum. I know when I saw this I wondered if this tent was really a tent and decided to ...

Community Coach Community Coach
InstructureCon 2015
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Or to be more precise, a clack of thunder!Those of us here early experienced some of the same varying and powerful weather that brought the famous snow last year. The astonishingly close bolts of lightning and torrential rain that hit repeatedly this...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

​As a newbie (we signed our contract a couple weeks ago), I'm excited to attend my first InstructureCon. just reading through the schedule makes my head spin...in a good way. Pre-conference events start first thing tomorrow. So much to learn!!

Community Explorer
InstructureCon 2015
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

This will be my third InstructureCon but it will be my first as an employee. It's exciting and overwhelming at the same time.During a meeting with some of my new coworkers I said that InstructureCon causes severe FOMO but in the best possible way. FO...

InstructureCon 2015
  • 8 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you have to pick one thing what would be the best thing about Instcon15?

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 11 Likes
  • 11 Replies

​Come meet our incredible sponsors for InstructureCon 2015. Learn how their powerful tools integrate with Canvas to improve teaching and learning!See a full list of our sponsors, HERE.  Location Map & Room: HYATT: EPC Restaurant  Login to "Add a comm...

InstructureCon 2015
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

​Come meet our incredible sponsors for InstructureCon 2015. Learn how their powerful tools integrate with Canvas to improve teaching and learning!See a full list of our sponsors, HERE.  Location Map & Room: HYATT: EPC Restaurant  Login to "Add a comm...

InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Last year we had the ability to live stream the keynote sessions if we were not able to attend the conference, will this option be available again this year?

• 14 Likes
  • 5 Replies

After adding a number of events to my Outlook calendar, I noticed that the location information includes the room, but not the name of the venue.  Can someone add the venue to the event data so that it's included in the .ics file.Many thanks!Lynn

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am excited about bring an incredible group of educators with me to our first Instructurecon event.   Looking for some quick tips.  Food...In the conference agenda, meals are listed.  Are they part of the registration fee or should I prepare my team...

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'll be arriving Monday morning and would like to watch the Cup Final game somewhere other than my hotel room - it's scheduled for 6PM Park City time.Anyone want to join me and a colleague at a local bar? I was going to just call a cab, but a group o...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2015
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

​Limited Edition InstructureCon 2015 Digital BadgesWHAT THEY ARE & HOW TO GET 'EM!Digital badges are your rewards for your participation in the community and presence at InstructureCon 2015. They are often accompanied by points (to 'level up' your st...

InstructureCon 2015
  • 19 Likes
  • 3 Replies