Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there any way to change the font size of the equation editor?  When I drag the equation to make it bigger, it shows up bigger on my screen, but is still small when students go to take a quiz.  It makes it very hard for students to read exponents.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Whenever I try to upload a file, regardless or type (I have tried PPt, word, pdf, etc) I get the same message: Error: Request failed with status code:400.  I have tried restarting browser and pc. I have erased the browser cache. I have deleted files ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can it be possible in the future to view the Grades pages in student view and see the grade distribution information that students see? Also, is it possible to include # of student submissions in that set of information so that students can view as w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hey guys , I'm a new student kind of nervous,  do you have any tips ? Especially about studying  lol

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am requesting to get a acme sandbox. There have been multiple posts about this in the community and I would like to get one. 

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a quiz open to students, and it pulls questions from a question bank.  One of the multiple choice questions is marking students incorrect for the correct answer, although in the question bank the correct answer is chosen.  However, in the quiz...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,  I'm trying to obtain more information on the Certified Educator program in HE. Here's the link to the current listing of CORE courses ( https://learn-cce.catalog.instructure.com/browse/cce-he) however, there isn't much in the way of details o...

• 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

¿Cómo hacer el cambio de fondo al utilizar la cámara en BigBlueButton en las conferencias de Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our district currently has Google LTI 1.3 Assignments enabled. I understand that the old Google Cloud Assignment functionality will become deprecated in the fall.  Many of our teachers will be looking to import course content/modules that include ass...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have images that already have descriptions and alt text added to them, but when I upload them through the RCE the system, Canvas, does not seem to be able to identify that content. Am I missing something or am I going to need to go through and add ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are needing to copy the SIS ID value from the Course to the Section for several hundred sections.  We are looking for which Permissions are needed in order to allow limited account access and still update the SIS ID value on the Section.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to see in the quiz log if a student is copying the question? My Canvas exams are "New Quizzes" and when I look at the logs (through the Moderate tab in each quiz), this is what I find: There is a difference in font size at 18:12 and n...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to pull Canvas data into Power BI and I'm struggling at the first hurdle.  How do you get Power BI to read the data from Canvas?   I've read through the guides and I'm still lost.  

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Back in August 2020, there have been issues with using the Khan Academy LTI within Canvas.  It is now 8 months later.  A teacher asked me to show her how to use Khan Academy within Canvas.  I am including the "correct answer" from August 2020 for you...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Some assignments are not showing the status.  I cross-checked with other assignments.  I have a due date and the category doesn’t seem to play a role.  I use this to see when a student has handed in a late assignment that may need checked if there ar...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am adding a new user to the Admin group, users are getting the email notifications from canvas successfully, however, when I am adding users to a different account than Site Admin then users are not getting email notifications, can anyone help...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, When I am trying to send a message via canvas inbox, it's not sending the notification to the users and when I try to open the message in the sent items, it shows an error message saying " Sorry, something broke". Can anyone please help me to res...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an instructor and need to post a class announcement, but when I go to write one the text entry box is missing. I can attach files, enable comments, etc. but can't write anything to the class. I had been able to post announcements all term without...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently been added as “Teacher” to several sections so that I can make observations. My “to-do” list now includes all of the assignments for these sections.  If I click to ignore the submissions, will that affect the assignment count of the t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My ALEKS is not connecting to my Canvas account and I can not complete my homework assingments. I keep getting a 403 forbidden message, why is this occurring? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to use the Canvas API through Google Apps Script to send students scores in for the classes I teach. Currently, I'm attempting to use the "Grade or comment on a submission" documented here. I know that my URL is set up correctly as I can t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor that has sent in a request for our Admin team to somehow correct the name sorting in Canvas to match our Institution's Portal [PeopleSoft]. "1. Students with more than one last name are sorted differently in Canvas. PeopleSoft s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student in multiple Canvas courses and a teaching assistant for two Canvas courses. For both types of courses, I can only reply with file attachments on all discussion boards. Before today, I could reply with text.  Is there a way to solve thi...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For the past week, I have been unable to access Canvas on a computer and on the Canvas app. I have contacted Canvas Support but didn't receive any replies. Does anyone have a solution to this?This is what happens when I tried to access Canvas.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student just messaged me that they can’t access my latest assignments. I went into Student View and they are grayed out in the Module and I can’t click on them, previous assignments have no issue. When I go into Student View when on the assignment ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I brought in a previous course to a course I am starting tomorrow. I am making some last minute changes to he Home page, but when I click on "Edit" I just get a blank page without any of the data on it. I am not sure why this happened.  Anyone have i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created assignments in excess of the maximum amount counted toward the student’s overall grade, in order for a student to miss a couple of assignments without it impacting their overall grade.  For example, the total of all homework assignment...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created assignments in excess of the maximum amount counted toward the student’s overall grade, in order for a student to miss a couple of assignments without it impacting their overall grade.  For example, the total points available for all h...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On the moderation tab for new quizzes, there is every option to filter "No Attempts Left," "Attempts in Progress," "Submitted," and "Auto Grading Failed." But there's not an option to filter students who haven't even started the quiz. While I can go ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In viewing your instructional video as a, VIMEO video as opposed to a Youtube video; I notice that there isn't an option for "CC" for those that need it. Does Vimeo not have a closed captioning option for viewers to use?  Please advise or otherwise...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies