Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

So we are transitioning from Moodle to Canvas this fall which means we have to think differently about a lot of things. In Moodle, I could "turn on and off" a quiz for individuals or groups at any time. I'm not sure how this functions in Canvas. I as...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I set my assignment to a letter grade, but when students are still able to see their numerical grades e.g. (86) A in their gradebook. Any workaround to remove the numerical grade from students?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all 1. Today it started hanging on loading 'Share Screen' functionality. Could not get it to share screen (although it did initially). Camera and audio were fine, so I don't think it was bandwidth. Also students could share their screens when I ma...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi We use Big Blue Button for our online conferences on Canvas. A few lecturers have mentioned that there is a problem with BBB recording when they try to resume the recording after the class short break. BBB doesn't record the session after they res...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,  I'm using Canvas API to create a new course "/api/v1/accounts/:account_id/courses" It working perfectly when I pass the name&sis_course_id. I would like pass information about Term & Subaccount. Term: I use this property "term_id" -> it always t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are the actual comments on grades emailed to students, or do they only receive notification that they received a comment?  If the comment is deleted or edited before they log in, will they only see the updated comment?  I’m trying to figured out what...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am having an issue with the Term start and end dates changing from "Whenever to Whenever" to the actual Term Start and End Dates.  It has happened multiple times this semester, so I need to find out a way for the Term Start and End Field to stay at...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The World Languages State Standards are updated for 2021. How will Outcomes be updated in our District Canvas Courses?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an account admin. One user account is missing information and I can't figure out why--it appears to be affecting our import. No edit/act as user/delete tools. No login information block. Any ideas?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to use the Canvas API to enroll multiple users (up to 400 per batch) into an existing course section. I see the API will let me POST one user enrollment per API call using the "/v1/sections/{section_id}/enrollments" function. Is there a differ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does the Microsoft Teams integration support cross-listed courses? I noticed in the guides it does not support sections or groups and I was wondering about cross-listed courses. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! We've tried to Moderate New Quizzes to give additional time to students while they are taking the test, but it does not seem to work. Does anybody know a way around for this?  Also, is it possible to edit questions' correct answers once the stude...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi, I have been added as a Canvas admin today and have been told about the Beta testing environment. I have logged in but cannot see the Admin key on the global notification tab in beta area? Do i need to wait for the weekly reset for my profile to u...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My name is Andrew McCaskill and I am in charge of our Canvas rollout. I am at Hume Anglican Grammar in Melbourne, Australia and we are a P-12 school. We have already rolled out to our 7-12 cohort but having some second thoughts about how we implement...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently the quizzes we are developing only provide us with the option to use points.  As we would like to have this as a letter grade (S-Satisfactory)and (NS-Not Satisfactory) showing in the gradebook.  Is there a way to change the outcome of a qui...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The new Comment Library feature is great, but it would be more helpful if we could have more than one library. It would be ideal to have different ones based on assignment type. 

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm going to teach a sequence of courses with one group of students across four semesters (the same students will take course A, B, C and D), and then repeat the course sequence with another group of students after that.  What is the best way of orga...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I calculate Statistics for canvas  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to gather demographic information about people who are taking our course and I would like to include a dropdown list of all of the school districts within our state as one of the questions.  I do not see a way to bulk add responses to a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I create a discussion and then go to add it to a module. When I click on discussions to add it pops up a dropdown menu, but that only shows discussions A-H. Anything with a title that begins with a G or later doesn't show up. How do I access those ot...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Are the students limited to only 2 courses for credit recovery?  My son completed Biology and English II.  He failed Personal Finance as well.  I was wondering if he can complete that course as well during the remaining week of summer in order to be ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Seems email students its a bit complicated for such a simple task.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We will be using multiple teachers for our next cohort. Is it possible to assign/restrict them to only what they are teaching? Such as; Module 1 session 1 Module 2 session 3

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to make pages and files available / visible to a certain group of students only. I have a course with Section A and Section B, they have a common group project and common materials, but other materials are differ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are retrofitting our Storyline simulations for accessibility. Therefore our SCORM files are being updated from the previous file version. After uploading the latest SCORM file, we are unable to delete the older version SCORM file. There is a trash...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm having an issue with New Quizzes, Item Banks, and Outcomes. I have about 20 Item Banks filled with a variety of questions. I'm trying to go back and add Outcomes to individual questions in the Item Banks. But I can't. When I go to add an Outcome ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi, I used curl to get a list of discussion topics (announcements). The data was successfully returned. However, the returned string contains special characters, which BBEdit shown as a red reversed question mark.   There is one before the JSON strin...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Let’s say I create a "Quiz Bank" with three questions and assign different point values to those questions, for example looking like: (1) T/F = 2 points, (2) a Multiple Choice = 3 points, (3) and the third is an Essay Question = 25 points.  The probl...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there.  Originally I created a Free for Teachers account to develop a couple of online courses that my organization intends to facilitate.  On these courses we would like to have a few custom registration questions to help us learn more about who ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies