Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Does the Google Assignments LTI work for students using a browser? My students using the app have no problems getting Google attachments and submitting their work, but those on a browser are getting a "Preview Not Available" notice instead of the "La...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like my Canvas emails to forward to my university email account.  The email account is listed under the "Ways to Contact" in Settings, but it has an error message that says "Canvas was unable to send email to this address."  The email address...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,      May I know that if there is any way to embed an onenote class notebook page into Canvas page or attach as an assignment. I mean the onenote class notebook host on the Teams, not from teacher's personal onedirve folder.  Thx,James

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I am trying to implement Team-Based Learning into an online asynchronous course for the first time. For the students to do a team quiz, I created a discussion forum where they can debate within their individual teams. This involves giving them ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone,We are having a problem with a course we have created in Canvas.This is the situation: we have a h5p documentation tool embedded over a series of four pages. It's the same documentation tool. When users click on next, what happens is the ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello all,I am looking for schools that are using Workday as their SIS system, and if so are you using the grade pass back plugin option? If not, are there any particular reasons why you are not using grade pass back plug in option?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have searched the Canvas guides, and I can't seem to find an answer. Is there a way to share multiple pages from my course at one time to another person?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

According to https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-import-quizzes-from-QTI-packages/ta-p/1046, Canvas currently supports QTI versions 1.2 and 2.1. IMS global that owns the QTI spec has recently released version 3.0 (https://www...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there!My students worked on a quiz that I wanted them to redo and make corrections on. For individual questions, I used the "feedback" option below each question. However, I can't figure out where to send students to have them view the feedback. W...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Assignments that are labeled as missing in canvas are not showing up as missing assignments in Skyward.  How do I correct so parents can see their student's missing assignments in skyward?  I am a teacher.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All,We have been on Canvas for a few years and we are attempting to implement the attendance feature so that our faculty members as well as our university auditor are able to keep day-to-day logs.  However, some of our faculty members utilize o...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students took 2 quizzes in Canvas earlier in the quarter. I allowed them to review answers at the end of quiz and then had the quiz closed from view. I would like to open them up for 1 day so that they can review the questions/answers in prep for ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It has come to my attention that students have been using the following chrome extension to cheat in tests: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/transcript/klknhfgkblobpfimidmhkclikdalnokeWould you guys ban its use? can Canvas detect and block t...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a quiz set to give partial credit for multiple answer questions but if a student misses a part, it does not give any credit.  It is a fractional so I am not sure if that is the issue.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Any advice?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Soy profesora y estoy haciendo una rúbrica test donde la respuesta correcta se valora como 0,5 puntos y la incorrecta como 0,25 puntos negativos.Sin embargo, los puntos negativos no han reducido la calificación. ¿cómo puedo arreglarlo?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set my gradebook to show grades by due date (newest to oldest).  However, when doing so, it does not work.  Nor do the other filters like oldest to newest module, etc.  Any suggestions as to how to make it "stick"?Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I as a student have recently changed sections from 2 to 1 for the same class, but as canvas course shells are different for different sections,   my grades are missing for completed work such as quizzes, midterm, etc in the new course section shell. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Instructure Community,We encountered a concerning situation yesterday - an instructor accidently deleted a submission point after submissions had been made and marked, this particular assignment did not show up on 'Undelete'. We were fortunate tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,     We are using Veracorss as our SIS system and I can see that Veracross can integrate with Canvas base one the link below:https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Veracross-and-Canvas/Veracross-Integration-Overview/ta-p/546202    I try to ask help fr...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello my name is Rayshad Lindsay (Username: rlind013) and I am having problem logging in into canvas. I tried to login into canvas this page appear every time I sign in. It keeps saying Fail to sign to log in, "Canvas doesn't have an account for user...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A teacher gave a quiz that has multiple choice questions and an essay question two days ago. She's not seeing the item analysis for the multiple choice questions. What could be the issue?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a JROTC Instructor I do not have visibility of a Parent View, only the Instructor and Student Views.  My parents tell me they have no ability to filter out the JROTC calendar from the other courses in with their child is enrolled.  So if I put cal...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I send Email to students from a past semester?  We were unable to schedule a field trip last semester and I want to invite those students to join my class field trip for this semester.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I like to create my own videos as course material, so I created a Youtube channel with hidden videos. If I want to insert a Youtube video in Canvas it let's me search for my own videos, but obviously doesn't search for hidden videos. And if I insert ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a professor who is reporting that some students took a quiz but the grade is not reflected in the Grade Book. when checking on Speedgrader, it shows there are no submissions for those students missing their grades but when I went in as them, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On our test instance of Canvas, when I click on SCORM it gives me Authentication failed error message. Seems to work fine on live instance.Can anyone tell me how to amend the settings so that my test instance of Canvas accepts SCORMs?Many thanks,PuiA...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i would like to know what makes canvas a different LMS than other ones

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

All announcement are not visible to the student, how do I turn on the page so announcements I make can be seen by the students?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have a placement test to take and im not sure how to access test. i have tried creating account but when i get to them wanting a code. where do i get this code

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies