Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is it possible to suspend accounts automatically after a period of 90 days of inactivity?  I have a program which requires me to leave the accounts in case accreditors ever want to see test results, but these users are active for 1 term, then a certi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

anyone know how to view quiz results in Canvas from a rise 360 course. I got it imported via scorm and it all works re. viewing and taking the quiz at the end. but not sure where to see the results of the rise quiz. Thanks. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm curious what other institutions are doing for assessment of practical components in their course. Our students spend a lot of time with hands-on work, such as in a simulated environment, and our instructors are responsible for coaching them and a...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to change the categories in my canvas gradebook to match the categories in my skyward gradebook so I can sync to SIS. How do I do this? The only option I am seeing is imported assignment because I am copying a quiz from last year. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently trying to add a SPED teacher as a student into my course so she can see what her students are doing in class. However, I cannot figure out how to add new students to my course. I have been told to click the "People" tab on the navigati...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to import a course from a previous summer to a Fall term.1) I'm not listed as the primary instructor nor as an instructor for the course.  It was taught by another instructor at the same school.2) I'm trying to find the course.  Under "Search ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the home page for my unit? At present it goes straight to modules.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm fairly new to Canvas and am interested to find out if there are any updates about the development of an integrated Search tool in Canvas. I saw a Canvas ideas discussion called "[Courses] Comprehensive Course Search Tool (Search..."  but some...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Will the comment library I have created automatically populate over into the next teaching period.Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I tried to add my student email into my canvas but I am not able to receive the confirmation email, not even the spam mailbox.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a folder in Files in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know how to check my classes 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a rubric for all discussions but how can students view them and instructors use them in grading when they do not post under the discussion like they do in assignments? What might I be missing?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To teach the same course I taught last term, I copied the content from the prior term and am seeing that there will be a LOT of works to make it useful.- all modules and items are "published", including assignment solutions, and the feature to "unpub...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I would like to implement an automatic Canvas late work policy this year. However, I am worried about how it will affect my students with IEPs and 504s. Currently, there is no way to automatically exempt them from the deduction. The only way i...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an instructor coming to us from Moodle who is accustomed to using Moodle's "Interactive with multiple tries" functionality. This means that "Students receive immediate feedback as they submit each question; if they do not answer correctly, the...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to find a previous created quiz that was overwritten.  Is there any way to find that overwritten quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, my name is Jackie GaribaldiI'm a student I am taking BUS 101 F Personal Financial Management at Fullerton College this summer semester 2023 it does not let me submit the Project 1 and 5 Year Income and Balance Sheets for your project for the clas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does a professor delete unused DEV course shells from past semesters?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the free version and have been using canvas for a couple weeks now and the availability times haven't been working for me. For example, I am giving a test today and set it to open at 12:40pm EST (which is what I have my settings to), but i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my classes is Hybrid and must be taken through Canvas, but I don't see my class. How do I add it? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, the 1.3 Zoom LTI isn't leaving Calendar entries of scheduled Zoom meetings and does not provide the same right sidebar flyout of user guide links as its predecessor.  Am i missing a setting/settings to turn on or is this being worked on?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,In our Canvas instance, I can't see the unconclude option in my course setting (screenshot attached).I followed this doc: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-unconclude-a-course-in-an-account/ta-p/189And nothing... Could you he...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I want to learn how to make 2d collision and physics using SAT algorithm on JavaScript Canvas. I tried to do it but it didn't work.I want to learn how to make 2d collision and physics using SAT algorithm on JavaScript Canvas. I tried to do it b...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just registered for the course and I was hoping to get Macbook pro air as mentioned here : https://docs.executive.education/external/file/gspoe7aad89292220455fb7a9e8d1d6cda5fd. Can you please guide? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

From Training Module 4 - the module provides two dates: 2024 and never. Per the quiz, this must have happened in the summer of 2022.The self-assessment quiz claims summer 2022. The quiz is apparently not synched up with latest thinking.... From the s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am manually entering students into sections of a blueprint course. I just added them as users in the admin area but when I go to add them as students in the course, the only options to assign are "teacher, TA, designer". Please help!! Jennifer

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My student moved to the next modules without downloading the module notes that they had taken without knowing that the notes would not be there when they moved to the next module.  Is there a way to restore the notes from the first 3 modules now that...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are going to attempt to create our own template package but I can't find any specs or how to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction? I've been searching the community for several hours now. Thank you for your help! ~Jenn

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies