Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am wondering if assignments can have multiple text entry fields, or if there are plans to add this feature to Canvas assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

All of my course cards and banners are gifs, but they no longer animate. I switched them out for Easter, and when I switched back to the original image, it would no longer animate. If I switch back to the Easter picture, it no longer animates either,...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to contact our CSM? Help on this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELLO, our instructure canvas "https://americana.instructure.com/" is extremely slow since 12/04, pages takes 20 to even 30 to 45seconds to charge now, can you guys help me see if its a acount problem or a user problem, what can i do?  already tested...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm analyzing API events from Canvas instance.  I see "assignement_group_created" but never "assignment_group_updated".  In a course, I created an assignment group, edited assignments, edited group name, lowest and highest scores, and moved the group...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I started my Canvas course in January for our transfer center at a community college. We generate the roster for data throughout the semester to see how many students have joined. Is it possible to filter the roster after a specific date so we can do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to convert Classic Quizzes in Canvas from an exported QTI file into a Word document. Is there any conversion software out there that does this?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Looking for posted faculty notice to individuals- where do I find this calendar or assignment list?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students just told me that they can see the Big Button Conference in the interface Canvas. How to fix that. Please help me out. There is a cross on it saying that it is invisible to students. Delille

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas have any tools for developing adaptive assessments? Can we post series of questions that are presented, or not presented, depending on a student's response to a previous question?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot take quiz and test on canvas app. When I start the quiz is just keep loading, I can't see the questions in quiz and Test. I wait for a long time, still can't take it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Starting yesterday, Canvas changed the HTML code that is generated for external tools. In my case, my Canvas class makes extensive use of Cay Horstmann's excellent CodeCheck tool. Prior to yesterday, the code generated by Canvas when inserting an ext...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I teach the same course on subsequent semesters, so I will import the course files, exams etc. from the previous semester when I make the site for a new section at the beginning of the same semester. However, I do make some changes, typically. For in...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I've recently added checkboxes into my assignments for students to check off that they have done everything they are supposed to on an assignment before turning it in. As well as a self-assessment. These checkboxes disappear upon student s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvasland, I haven't seen the red calendar icon below before, but I want to replicate it.  How?   When I click on the red calendar, it allows me to edit the availability parameters of that one item.                         Looking forward to...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I added the Passport to CANVAS as a course and switched to student view, the images are not showing, instead, there are images of locks. Checking the files loaded into my account, all I have are the template images but no course images.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a quiz in canvas.  It is not published but each time I try to change the point value for individual questions and save the screen, the scores revert back to the previous points.  I would like to assign 33 points for a question but afte...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello everyone, I would like to invite you to the second edition of our virtual conference that will take place on May 24th and 25th. inspirED 2022 brings together educators, learning designers, and institution leaders to exchange practical insights ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I delete all students from a course? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been attempting to create quizzes via the canvas api, but am running into issue (exacerbated by the less-than-ideal error handling by the canvas api). I'm able to create a quiz, but when trying to create a quiz question, I've run into the follow...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not used Turnitin often. This semester I am using it and find it not helpful at all. Most of what it finds as a match is from other papers submitted from other students at other schools. Due to  privacy issues, it cannot show me the content fr...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need help turning in a homework assignment for my Biology class and I don't know how to turn it in on canvas and see if my teacher gets the homework assignment!?!?!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All! I have created a Shelf-type Padlet on the Padlet site. It seems to work fine. But if I embed it into a Canvas page, it seems to work only up until the point where the page reloads. Once that happens, I can no longer move posts around on the b...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to Change the Maximum Query String Length in Server 2019 AD FS V4?  Setup ADFS Single LogOut Workaround https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Integration-Documents/Configuring-ADFS-SAML-and-Canvas-Authentication/ta-p/387381#toc-hId-995580595 ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to use Canvas Mastery Paths. I have assigned a quiz for students and then students will have certain assignments opened to them based on their performance on the quiz. I have aligned everything based on grade performance under mastery...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

None of the other designers at my organization are having this issue, but I want to make sure it won't happen to students. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not sure what the issue could be.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I set grade boundaries in quizzes and assignments?  In AP, you only need about 64% correct to get a 5.  I would like to adjust quiz and assignment grades so that I can correct for this.  I realize that I can set up a rubric and then select th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I choose "Display grades as a percent" for individual assignments I have to enter the percentage.  If a student earns a 4/5 and I put in 4 it will display it as 4% instead of 80%.  Is there a way for Canvas to enter the percentage from the point...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to grade from my TO DO list on my phone or iPad by sliding the points to award the student, it says USER NOT AUTHORIZED TO PERFORM THAT ACTION.  However, I am logged into my school Canvas account as a teacher.  Please help.  It is so effic...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was logged in to my personal google a/c when I accepted my courses. Is there a way for me or admin to transfer my courses to my other canvas a/c?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies