Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have two students with accommodations.  they would get extra time.  I set up a separate quiz but how ill my students know which link to click since two will appear? DO students only have access to the linked quiz they are on?    

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear AllI need to regrade a question on a multiple choice quiz. I've followed all of the steps to do so. Everything is perfectly clear.Except....the last step. The "Save it Now" button no where appears, so none of my changes actually are saved and no...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I am a tutor at Kent State, Tusc Campus. I am NOT an instructor. Are there tutorials or instructions on how I can tutor using Canvas? I previously used Blackboard and was able to use a whiteboard to see students' problems and help with solution...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to hyperlink to a header within a page? This is something that can be done in Google docs or in Microsoft Word and being able to do so could help students as they work through a bunch of material in the same page. If that isn't an opti...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot access assignments my professor has assigned 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Our gradebooks are set to "automatically apply grade for missing submissions" but it seems to be inconsistent - sometimes it applies a grade that we can see in the gradebook like other grades, and other times I can see that the assignment for the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Myself (and others at my school) have been having an issues with chrome for the last two weeks.  When using Chrome we can't access the three button dropdown menu.The features are working in Microsoft Edge.  I have cleared my browser and restarted Chr...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The docs for the PageView api https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/users.html#method.page_views.index mention two params for the request start_time and end_time. What format is it expecting? What about timezone considerations?  Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to copy course content to set up classes for next semester and I'm having issues.  Tried following instructions and here's my question.There is no "Copy this Course" when I go to settings.  There is only:Course Status:-Course Statistics-Conclu...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So I have a previous subject from a couple years ago and I have been unable to get rid of it. It doesn't have a star to unfavorite it and I haven't found any solution for it. Is it possible for me to remove it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can my TA see the To Do List with the items that need to be graded?  If it's not a default setting for the role, can I allow the TA to see it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Folks, I'd like to have a drop down menu that automatically links to the student names in the class (or class section) so that when students click it, they choose their name as opposed to typing it.  Is there a way this feature of the quiz as survey ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there an update coming from Canvas New Quizzes that will allow the formula questions to ONLY generate integers? 

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When it comes to the Canvas student portal, does the access to this portal become denied if there are any financial issues or debts that a student is currently facing? Many students at my University have had disruptions in their schooling due to unex...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@GradesTeacher: I am looking for a way to send a message to students from GRADES who haven't uploaded their assignments.I don't want to send the same message to the students that have the Excused "grade" - because they are excused from the assignment...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After I create an assignment with images from search engines or other websites, some of the images will not load after a period of time. I take screenshots and upload them. Any idea why this happens? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find the forms for PDP & self-reflection

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have students that use the To Do list in the Canvas app to track upcoming assignments. Students are reporting that assignments that are completed are not correctly showing as completed on the To Do list.This is primarily happening with assignments...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with a student who is blind and is trying to navigate canvas email using the keyboard only.  When creating a new email, the student can select the course, but then cannot select the specific teacher. The teacher can be selected using the...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have totally failed to find any answers to this. I (a student) have tried to log in to my Canvas account using my GitHub credentials. It created a new user instead, even though both accounts use the exact same email, and GitHub even says that Canva...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just bought a new Mac Laptop, and I see my UCR canvas but It says " the content opened in a new window". However, there is not other window opened. I am using chrome browser.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get a pairing code - I am a new user

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Through the Assignments tab, I only see the "Speed Grader" option to view and download assignments. With that, I have to click through all my students to be able to see if they have submitted and to download / grade their work.Is there an option or f...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

it does not work on the canvas page. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several files stored at the user level that I can then post onto pages in various courses. In some cases, I need to update or change a file's contents and update the version stored on Canvas. When I upload the new version - with the same filen...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Admin, I am the TA for the course CRP8080 (S2208-CRP-8080-001-85848) Land use and Comprehensive PlanningDuring an exam in Sep24th some students have not been able to upload their answers. I can't see their answers in my canvas and they claim the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it feasible for an assignment to be a group assignment where the groups are created by the students?  Example - a homework assignment where students may work in groups of 1,2,3 or 4 people.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two groups of students in a single course. Each group has separate assignments to complete. However, in the grade book, each assignment lists students from both groups. This reduces the student's grades who are exempted from that assignment. H...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I TA for a comp sci course, which means looking at student code submissions and critiquing them. I've noticed that as I'm grading and away from the speed grader window, I will get logged out due to inactivity after less than 20 minutes and have to lo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! In my Canvas app when I click at calendar the app crashes. I restart the app and try it again. And again it crashes. Not the first time. It usually work the next day. But for example today I really need to know something and it crashes…

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies