Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I did update my web browser and did close open it couple of times but I still get this error. Please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My dashboard won't load it is just flashing grey. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am not a big fan of the most recent Canvas updates, especially the fact that you cannot add a comment to your submission, it must be added before or after submitting. I have also noticed a huge glitch that is annoying and confusing. Whenever I (a s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor on Canvas. I have used my chromebook for over a year without issues. However, when I try to load my course now, the page looks like it is almost loaded (I see gray & white boxes under my dashboard for the classes), but it never loa...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Is it possible to set up an open-ended question to assign full credit and to be able to choose that option either before or after students have responded. This was possible in Blackboard and oh so convenient.Example: I assign a quiz with an ope...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our faculty have been using the Teacher Activity Report / Student Interactions Report to see which assignments they still need to grade.However, one of our faculty just reported that he looked at that page and two assignments showed up on it that had...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good Morning, I am a student with Santa Barbara City College RHIT program. I am unsure if there have been updates. In the past, I was able to work in Office and use tools like formatting and insert smart tools etc. In a very recent assignment, the as...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I am trying to add my canvas calendar, ALL of my canvas course calendars are transferring to my outlook, instead of just 1.  Is it possible to only add one canvas course calendar and not ALL?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where to find basic info on integrating canvas with webwork

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I would like to include screenshots of materials in Canvas in a publication for teachers about teaching children to practice musical instruments.Can I please be directed to a permissions process for doing so?Thank you,Pete Miksza

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I create a calculated column (e.g. a weighted grade) other than the built in 'total'

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How a teacher can limit grader or TA access to different sections of the Course.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

group chat among students were we can share ideas and help each other. i just did a course without help yes there was bits of information available but it would of been great to share my ideas with others who were studying the same course as me. its ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I apologize if this is already asked and answered.I searched these terms and didn't find anything relevant.I want to survey students and then show students what they think (anonymously, of course).Is this a feature? Or do I need to make a pdf of the ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have accidentally turned in the incorrect assignment at the designated area. However, the professor does not allow resubmission and stated that I can still attached the file to Canvas. Therefore, I would like to know how do I go about attaching the...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an admin for my district, I need to add a teacher and para to a canvas course as observers for a teacher. However, when I go through my admin connection to add the teacher and para, I only have the option to add them as teacher roles. I want to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up the quiz so that my students try it twice. There is a due date. However, some students have tried only once before the due date. After the due date, they can still give it another try. Can I prevent the student from the second try after the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my Files visible to students in ENGL 512.01

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there-Is there a way to disable the auto-generated email when a user is added to a course? We send out our own message with instructions/how to sign in and the email from Canvas just seems to confuse people. Especially if they see that one befo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HEELO HOW  I WILL DOWNLOAD A COURSE FULL COURSETHANK YOU

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have an Assignment (final course assignment) placed in the last Module of my course which is locked until near the end of the course. BUT I want students to be able to see/read the Assignment (or even submit, I don't care) before the date of when t...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I do know understand how to get to the tutorials /videos my instructor has advised to veiw  and power points?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anyone currently having this issue.  This has been getting progressively worse over the past week.  Started with once or twice and a refresh would help-but now it is consistent and not letting me view any of my students' submissions.  Any insight tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

ello, I posted this to Canvas Commons but wanted to see if you could help.  I am printing the grades of students with D's and E's so far.  In two one of my sections, when I go to a student to print, the final grade doesn't show.   Here is a screen sh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, does anyone know how to filter out students who are exempt from an assignment, when sending out messages?My goal is to reach all students who have not delivered yet, without sending a message to those who are exempt from delivering.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I have rubrics from several classes and none are visible to students. The rubric section is not x out and is part of the normal course content, but it is not visible to students or to me when I am in the student view. Not sure how to resolve th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how i can record  a video?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone,We noticed that with the improved outcomes management, we cannot set up different mastery scale for different outcomes! This is a big issue for us as not all the outcomes share the same e.g. 5 point scale. This applies to the naming of th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With Classic Quizzes I could tell how long a student spent on a quiz even if it was un-timed.  This was useful  when I needed to tell a parent that the student was racing through the quiz and not working carefully. Is there a way with New Quizzes to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies