Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello! We need our Heads of Schools to have ACT AS USER access. However, we can only give them access to sub-accounts since we do not want them to have full access to our Board Room course. We created sub-accounts and placed them as admin in those. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, I want to know if it is possible to get Canvas to automatically mark an assignment as "missing" after the due date and/or last available date for the assignment has passed. This seems to happen for assignments where, for example, the student h...

• 4 Likes
  • 15 Replies

To whom it may concern,I am trying to grade an assignment in Canvas but the SpeedGrade screen is stuck on the Loading Screen. How do I get SpeedgGrader to work?Sincerely,Josiah Rippetoe

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I ensure the Modules can be viewed by students? In my course the Modules section is greyed out. In student view Modules is not visible. Modules are loaded into the student view in the Navigation section and all items in the Modules are publis...

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We are looking for means in situations where we have to process large batch enrollments by means of SIS while retaining the teachers ability to delete the users from their courses should they wish.  The use case is very large courses that are either ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like to remove the "test student" from my roster on canvas?  Canvas keeps including this in my grades and statistics.Thank you,Will Gosnell

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do i upload a picture to the disscussions board

• 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I delete old classes from last fall and spring semester off my canvas Dashboard so I can only see and focus on the classes I am currently enrolled in?

• 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

In Speedgrader, is there a way to shrink the size of the rubric? In order to see my entire rubric and the place to leave qualitative remarks, I have to move the rubric screen so far to the left that it shrinks the student submission until it's nearly...

• 36 Likes
  • 43 Replies

Ok, I've scoured through the discussions, Canvas guides, and random Google searches ... I'm looking for any assistance someone with way better JavaScript skills than me can provide.Does anyone have a custom script that will allow me to hide an option...

• 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I want to assign a quiz to a particular group rather than a whole class. I've set up the groups but I don't seem to be able to assign groups in a quiz.

• 21 Likes
  • 45 Replies

We're interested in creating a sub-account-level role (or is it an account-level role with people assigned to department sub-accounts?) for a visiting accreditation team. Below is the list of permissions that make sense to me at first glance. This is...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

It's the end of term and I have a whole bunch of grades. Mixed in the grade book are a few ungraded assignments here and there. Is there a way to see any and all ungraded assignments in some sort of list format so I don't miss any?

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Can you set up anonymous discussion posting?

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to hide the inbox icon in the left navigation toolbar? possible CSS?

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi, One of my navigation buttons links to an external site outside of Canvas, and it adds in the little 'external link' icon, which throws the height of that particular button out of sync with the rest. See example here: Just wondering if there's a q...

• 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I have been using grace periods for assignment submissions with some assignments, and I was wondering if there is a way I can disable how Canvas flags an assignment as late if submitted after the due date?  I tried deleting the due date after the gra...

• 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have jpg images which display just fine, then for no apparent reason they disappear, only showing the file name.  Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

• 98 Likes
  • 150 Replies

Hello,I'm creating a home page for one of our courses, with 'quick navigation' buttons so our students have easy access to different parts of the course. When I add an anchor tag to the entire div for the button, it works fine (see code example below...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Embed Audio into a Canvas Page  The <audio> tag allows you to upload audio files into the “FILES” folder in Canvas, and then make that audio playable in a Canvas page.  Note: The best file type for the web is .mp3. other file types will be troublesom...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I am creating a rubric for a faculty member, but as you can see on the attached image the lines for each point value don't line up.  Is there anyway to move the lines so they all match up (i.e. 15pt value criteria box matches throughout the entire ru...

• 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Is there a way to delete a student's attempt on a quiz? I know you can allow multiple attempts, but I would like to clear the attempt completely from grades. Is that possible?

• 13 Likes
  • 28 Replies

Is it possible to create an auto reply for inbox messages on Canvas (for example an out of office message)?

• 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I need some help getting a video to look good on a Page. Is there a way to have the video play maximized (or 100% width) by default instead of having the small minimized preview (shown on left in screenshot)? When I add the video as a file to Modules...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I quite like Speedgrader to mark assignment, it is much more functional, smoother and doesn't have the same glitches as turnitin does for an online marking platform. The only thing i can't find on speedgrader as a quick marks function. This is quite ...

• 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

We are new to Canvas and I found out that macros in PowerPoint are not supported in Canvas.  What do you all use to create the interactive games and can be used also on the Canvas mobile app? Thanks,Stephanie

• 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

It seems that the option to display the grade statistics for the assignment in New Gradebook is gone (the old "Assignment Details" option that displayed AVG, HIGH and LOW scores, and number of submitted assignments). I couldn't find any other way to ...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have two sections, and in one section the To Do List and Upcoming shows in the Sidebar, but in the other section it does not. Is there a place where I can turn it on? I have both home pages currently set to "Syllabus."

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have created a multi-page online textbook using Canvas Pages. Some students need to be able to print these pages for offline studying or because they do not have access to the online site from home. When Canvas Pages are printed, any links in the p...

• 7 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When using the late policy, If a quiz has been allowed to have multiple attempts and is set to take the highest score, If the newest submission is late the late policy overrides the highest score function and applies the policy to the newest score on...

• 16 Likes
  • 61 Replies