New Quiz: Copy with Images

Jump to solution
MrReed
Community Participant

This morning I have multiple teachers who are experiencing issues with copying a "New Quiz" between courses.

The new quiz is created in a "Sandbox" course.

Question stems include images added via "Insert > Image >Upload Image"

The quiz is copied to a live course with students.

Today the images are not being copied along with the quiz.  Instead the quiz is linking to the image located in the "Files" section of the original, sandbox course.

My teachers have not experienced this issue before, and the documentation says that the copy will include all linked files (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-copy-a-quiz-to-another-course-in-New-Qu...)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue suddenly?   Is it a known issue/glitch, or a change in functionality?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
JOANNORDILLE
Community Explorer

We started having this problem with displaying images last week in our New Quizzes, both within and outside the Lockdown Browser. With the help of this discussion, I found a work around which I'm offering here in case it helps you as well.  My workaround is appropriate if you are using item banks in multiple courses of your own.  If you are sharing item banks with other instructors, this workaround probably will not help you.

My quiz creation process is to create item banks which seem to automatically be associated with a particular course.  I then use questions from the item banks in other courses after checking the box that says I want to share the item bank with the course.  I don't know what that checkbox does.  It seems to only list the item bank in the course where it is shared, but even if I forget to check the box, the questions will appear in the quiz.  Starting last week, the images did not display when I did this. Note that I always use png images.  Bob Lewis noted earlier that this is required.  The attached file describes the workaround I found.

View solution in original post