Course Names and Delivery Formats

Chris_Hofer
Community Team
Community Team

Hello!  I am a Canvas administrator at our college, and we currently format our course names similar to the following example:

• FALL 2024 COLOR AND LIGHT STUDIES (DFN-139-A)

Since the semester name/year appears other places in Canvas, we want to remove the "FALL 2024" wording from the front of the course titles, but we also want to somehow append the delivery type (ex: online, hybrid, etc.) to the course title.  We have many different modalities...far more than the ones available for selection via a course "Settings" page which include "Not Set", "On-Campus", "Online", and "Blended".

We are thinking of something like:

• COLOR AND LIGHT STUDIES (DFN-139-A) - ONLS

(ONLS = Online Synchronous)

To my knowledge, there aren't great ways to run reports out of Canvas to know which courses are online, hybrid, workshops, independent study, seminars, lectures, etc. I'm wondering what, if anything, you do at your school to better identify your courses in Canvas based on delivery method. Do you have some kind of indicator in the course title, in the reference number, in the SIS ID? Do you indicate this using sub-accounts as well? Looking for your ideas...thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes