Error message when syncing to Skyward

Jump to solution
kyeager
Community Member

I am having trouble when running a sync from Canvas to Skyward. I keep getting this error message:

"Assignment "Finished Backyard " (358884.9971332) in section "MATH 6-05" (284090.0.05A) is marked as deleted. The teacher may restore this assignment in his or her Skyward gradebook, provided that it is not in a locked grading period."

The is the first time i tried to sync the assignment to Skyward so it has not been deleted. The message comes up for 3 of my 4 sections, but the assignment does not appear in any of the sections. 

Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Community Team
Community Team

@kyeager Typically there are two possible issues causing the error message: "Assignment "####" (####) in section "####" (####) is marked as deleted. The teacher may restore this assignment in his or her Skyward gradebook, provided that it is not in a locked grading period."  

• The assignment was deleted from the Skyward gradebook.  If this is the case, the assignment needs to be restored in Skyward using the Restore Deleted Assignments tool before Canvas will be able to sync grades for the assignment to Skyward.
  • It could also mean that the assignment is in a locked grading period.  In this case the due date for the assignment in Canvas needs to be adjusted so that it falls in a open grading period in Skyward.

View solution in original post

0 Likes