Curriculum Maps and VA SOL 2024 Standards

Jump to solution
JENNADOMINGUEZ
Community Member

Should all the VA English SOL 2024 standards be in a Curriculum Map? I am in the process of making the maps for our district and there are several standards that are not directly tested. What is the best way to organize maps if multiple units cover the same standard? If there are standards that are taught all year, where should those go on the map?

0 Likes
1 Solution
TammieWilliams2
Instructure
Instructure

Hi!

Great questions!  Maps can certainly be a great way to use the district's scope and sequence.  If you plan on assessing all of the standards within the VA English SOL 2024 standards then I would recommend leaving all of the standards on the map.  Also, you could add a unit, called "unassessed" to the very end of the map that would hold all of the additional standards.  

A standard can be added to multiple units by adding the standard several times to the map. You can use this process in the guide below as many times as you need it.  If a standard needs to be added to 5 units, a user can add the standard 5 times to the map and then place it into the correct unit. 

How do I add existing standards to a curriculum map?

If your district purchases Online PD, I would highly recommend the videos within the Online PD courses all about Curriculum maps.

How do I access Mastery Connect online professional development?

View solution in original post

0 Likes