All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2016. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I looked through the list of Partner sessions, and couldn't find a presentation by Turnitin scheduled. Is Turnitin scheduled to present, and if so, would someone point me to the event link? Thanks!

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Will there be another UnConference this year?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking for a location on the conference site where the 18 people in our group can meet during the conference.  I'd like to reserve a space around 6:00pm on Wednesday if that's possible or a suggestion for an outdoor meeting space. Can you help w...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to contact the host for the following session:How to Light a Fire and Build an LTI Deactivated user​Unfortunately, I can't comment on the original document, and I haven't been able to find any email address for sending my completed tasks....

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I want  to register a family member to participate in the food and fun portion of the event. How do I do this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking for an easy way to browse break-out sessions with specific details on times/locations without having to click on each individual session. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm coming from Australia and don't want to pack a lot of 'just in case' items, so I'm wondering if I there is anything else I need to bring  (besides the obvious) for the Conference and social functions. Any advice is appreciated! Cheers

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

​​​​Business School Roundtable (4 hours)Rob DittoSteve HallmanSean WigginsThe Business School Roundtable is a forum dedicated to helping new and existing Canvas users reach the academic and strategic objectives that are unique to the business school ...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have been going through the schedule and have been marking sessions that I plan to attend or "maybe" will attend.  Where do I go to get a summary of my schedule?

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Each time a breakout session is edited that I've signed up for, I get 10~ individual calendar event notifications.  Why is that?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

​​​​Tap/click map to enlargeJeremy Gatza​FLVS - HigherEdNo two students learn the same way; so why are we still using printed textbooks and static digital content? In this hands on session we will demo the latest release of the award winning Unlock A...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

​​​​Tap/click map to enlargeKen EisnerAmazon Web Services - AWS Educate - HigherEdJoin us for this session and learn how Amazon helps institutions provide digital learning opportunities for educators and students, ranging from cloud-related learning ...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

​​​​Tap/click map to enlargeCharlotte McLaren​McGraw Hill - HigherEdYears of satisfaction data proves that instructors and students who use our integrations are the most satisfied, happy campers we have. Join us for a fire-side chat to discover how t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

​​​​Canvas Collaboration and Group Work (90 mins)aadams​This training introduces teachers to collaboration features in Canvas, including discussions, group assignments, the Collaborations tool, and web conferencing. Participants will discuss how thes...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is my first time attending a Canvas conference and I'm very excited. My husband and 2 dogs are tagging along but I'm wondering if there are going to be any other spouses 'left behind' while their partner conferences? We were looking up activitie...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Course Facilitator Training (90 mins) Nicholas DemasThis session prepares teachers who will facilitate pre-designed courses in Canvas. Participants will learn how to adjust account settings, navigate the Canvas interface, grade student work, ...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Using Canvas in the Elementary Environment (90 mins) Sallie MichalskyThis training provides K12 educators with a greater understanding of how to leverage Canvas tools to foster connections outside of the classroom. You'll learn to create engaging co...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas Mobile Apps (90 mins) Alicia SmithThis training is designed to help teachers better understand the many ways the Canvas mobile apps suite can improve the classroom experience for both students and teachers. During this webinar you'll learn the...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas Essentials: HIGHER ED (6 hours) Thomas TuranoYou may be a newbie to Canvas, but you're no stranger to teaching and learning. This hands-on workshop provides an in-depth overview of Canvas within a pedagogical framework. Learn all the ins and ...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas Outcomes and Rubrics (90 mins) Alicia SmithThis training reviews best practices for utilizing Outcomes and Rubrics in Canvas assignments, discussions, and quizzes, along with specific applications of the Learning Mastery Gradebook and the Can...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

​​​​Hi Canvas Campers!We wanted to let you know about a few options for lodging at Keystone!  The resort still has select room availability for lodging reservations.  To check availability and make reservations, please call Group Reservations at 800-...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

​​​​​Pro-Tip: If you are on a mobile device, after clicking a button below, tap and HOLD the map image. Then choose the SAVE option. You should then be able to easily zoom in/out, and the map will be saved to your mobile device!Download the map as a...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 7 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Strategies for Training the Trainer (90 mins) Rachel LeeThis training introduces participants to effective practices and strategies for training others on using Canvas. Participants compare and discuss the needs of their institutions and explore whi...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas Essentials: ADMINS (6 hours) Lisa AmesThe list of to-dos is long and wide for a Canvas admin. Let us impart some applicable knowledge for new admins, such as: account structure, account settings, and roles and permissions. We'll also take a c...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

​​​​Scaling Course Management and Instructor Engagement (90 mins)Hilary MelanderCreating consistency in course experience can be challenging when working with a fleet of well-intentioned professionals with competing demands. When you work with a larg...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

WHAT ARE THE MERIT BADGES AND HOW DO I GET 'EM?Digital merit badges reward you for your participation in the community exclusively during InstructureCon 2016. Badges can be featured on your community profile and the additional points help 'level up' ...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 14 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi! I'm attending the conference and wanted to note sessions I wanted to attend, but I can't figure out how to do so.

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

​​​​Camp Engagement Counselors: Rollout Songs and Winning Skits (3 hours)Hilary SchartonLeslie StarkMike CowenHow do you elicit consensus in your organization around a Canvas rollout? What's your strategy regarding change management, communication, v...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies