how do I get canvas to STOP sending me unsolicited **not right** emails?

Jump to solution
sieburth
Community Member

see above

I liked Canvas when it was a small alternative to the previous software (which I have thankfully forgotten) but now it is sending me nonsense crap and it needs to stop.  I don't want to know what a LMS is.  

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @sieburth,

In my experience as a Canvas admin for my institution, Canvas (Instructure) doesn't send out very much, if any, emails to faculty or students unless it's something you may have signed up for on their website or here in the Instructure Community.  If you're getting a lot of emails, my guess is that they are coming from the Canvas team at your school/institution.  I'd recommend reaching out to that team (usually part of the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas) to see if they can confirm this and if there may be any opt-out process for their email content.

Hope this helps a bit!

-Chris

View solution in original post

RecycledElectro
Community Coach
Community Coach

You can change your notification settings in Canvas:

On the left, near the top, click on "Account."

Select "Notifications."

Click on all the green bells so they become white bells with slashes through them.

You may also want to change your email, etc. assuming you are not using Canvas any longer. If you are enrolled in a course using Canvas, then definitely leave your contact information in there or you will probably not get credit for the course.

View solution in original post

0 Likes