gradebook suggestion

Jump to solution
KeriGray
Community Member

I leave comments on student grades when they come in to make corrections or retake an assessment. It would be nice to have some sort of icon on the grade box that lets me know if I've commented. On another LMS I've used in the past, there would be a triangle in the upper right corner of the grade box which indicated there was a comment. How do I make this suggestion/request to Canvas?

Also, is there a way to automatically adjust the size of the column widths in the gradebook to be all the same size?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @KeriGray ...

I leave comments on student grades when they come in to make corrections or retake an assessment. It would be nice to have some sort of icon on the grade box that lets me know if I've commented. On another LMS I've used in the past, there would be a triangle in the upper right corner of the grade box which indicated there was a comment. How do I make this suggestion/request to Canvas?

There is a separate area here in the Canvas Community where you can suggest new Ideas for consideration.  Please review the links under the heading of "Ideas and Themes" located here: Instructure Community Guide - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Also, is there a way to automatically adjust the size of the column widths in the gradebook to be all the same size?

You can resize columns in the Gradebook, but there's not a way to mass resize them all at once so that they are the same size.  Check out the section on "Resize Columns" (near the bottom) in this Guide: How do I arrange columns in the Gradebook? - Instructure Community - 1018 (canvaslms.com).

I hope these links will be of some help to you, Keri.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post