Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a place to download counts of missing and late submissions for all students in a course? I've been relying on the course analytics, which weren't perfect, but they were better than nothing. Unless I've missed something -- and I hope I have! ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to only have in your to do list the marking for only the sections you teach as opposed to having everyone on every courses marking in your to do list?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently I turned something into canvas and my teacher says no submission was given.  Now I can not show him that I turned it in because the assignment is locked now.  Is there any proof I can find that I turn it in?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good evening, I'm a new Canvas user. I want to share courses and quizzes here with my students, and I'm still discovering how to use it step by step. So, I would like to have an idea about;How can I reach the student code, so I can share it with my s...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can I find sislt orientation activity?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you drop the lowest assignment grade for the semester?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I manually change the Final Grade in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I share quizzes and assignments between classes?Do I always have to 'import'?   Can I combine 2 classes?  I have a middle school class and a high school class separated in Canvas but I'm teaching the same content to both.Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Microsoft Edge. When I click on summit assignments, the next screen literally goes whit where it should say upload assignment. I tried several times but unable to see my assignment or view anything either in my English course or Biology co...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I take a percentage off my final grade?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I upload a video to send to my teacher? its late, I have tried everything, she sent me this link and I cannot figure it out. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There, I'm getting started with badges and can't find the link " Badges" in my cours as stated in the instructions.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I need to assign a student a 100/100 point score on an assignment that is a whole class assignment of 130 points.  Is that possible to do in the same assignment?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Discussions - how can student edit their replies?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access any student information at all as all pages are completely blank when I go to courses, modules, grading, people, etc.  Additionally, I have no icons in my dashboard anymore eventhough the courses are starred in the course list....plea...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to assign something to single students instead of whole class assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for me to add 'fudge' points to all students grades or do I have to add points student by student?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anyone out there using Zoom within Canvas and also the new Panopto Zoom integration?  Wondering how it all works and flows for you.  At the testing stage and wondering if anyone else has used this "layering of integrations". Thank you all in advan...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a process that runs nightly which sends our zipped csv files to Canvas.  It recently stopped working.  I am getting the error: ERROR: Could not send file to Canvas.  The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.    I did put in a c...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to design a quizz so that I have a large bank of questions in different subareas and the quizz is set to draw a certain number of them to test the student knowledge in a specific area. This is possible at least in the old quizz. But then...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In what situation would you see the rocket icon for a graded survey? It's appears as if the system has marked answers as incorrect but I'm not sure how that could happen. Anybody have any ideas?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I have a quizzes with essay questions. I put my answer in the general answer comments box to make it easy for me to grade.  Based on the blatant plagerism a few students turned in on their 2nd attempt, it is obvious that my "answer key" is visi...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am trying to use outcomes in order to import a set of prewritten outcomes for my education department at MCLA. The format that I have available presently is in microsoft excel. I would like help understanding how to exactly format the files so that...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What will happen to individuals who have not moved to the New Gradebook on the 18th? Will Canvas automatically cut over to the New Gradebook that day? I'm trying to minimize my faculty getting scared with the gradebook changing mid semester. There wi...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi AllIs it possible to add a SIS ID to a users account manually ?  I forgot to add a SIS ID for a user.RegardsMandeep

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I log on to online Bury Library

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that I am missing? When I do an export of student results from learning mastery gradebook I cannot get a SIS id number to export with the students. Our student management system uses this number to link the result with the student so w...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was in the middle of grading and then something happened. This is what displays now for my canvas page. What is going on? Clcking on "Dashboard" does not help!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a question bank to Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies