Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We have a course that the content was all pasted in from MS Word. When we view the html in canvas, we see '&nbbsp;' representing an extra space between most words. This results in canvas treating the line of words w/ nbsp as all one word and thus wra...

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi! I'm working on a project where I'm sending Live Events (asset_accessed) to an AWS S3 bucket, and am sending those on to an endpoint where I work on them. I'd like to know how long it takes to conduct an event when an asset is accessed in Canvas L...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are in the midst of implementing Ellucian's Banner ILP 5 with Canvas and would like to make contact with any school that has customized the course title that is passed from ILP to Canvas.  Our course title format is used throughout our campus in m...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have to fill a online form where I asked to give my Canvas I'd (8 digit number). I can not find the ID. How cai I find this. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas community.I am a newbie to Canvas, in the past I used to use some software like Sony Vegas 17 to make videos for my lectures in class.Some friends suggested that I use Canvas to make videos more vivid with beautiful photos, great sticker...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

An instructor reported that using her stylus to annotate student's Word documents in Speedgrader produced odd results, about 2 years ago. She can annotate with ease when students submit PDFs. Has anyone else experienced this? Has this improved since ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor creating a course with a SCORM file that is 18GB in size.  The current limit in Canvas is 5GB.  Is there a procedure for breaking up files into smaller ones for upload?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to copy questions from one quiz to another within the same or into a different course, and it seems a question bank is the way to do it.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think I'm probably just missing something and it's quite straightforward but I can't seem to find the API call for getting the grade I have in a class, a percentage or letter is fine but I would prefer a percentage. I have gone through all of the A...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In error, a student self-dropped a course and no longer appears in the Canvas Course, People.  The student still appears in Canvas Catalog with a Dropped status.   Yet, I don't believe the fee was automatically refunded.As an Admin, is there a way to...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas comunity,I already set an LTI connection with a proctoring tool. The issue I have is to select the exam I want to proctor. In order to this, I need the LTI Url, Secret and key and custom parameter of that specific exam (Moodle has an option...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Dear all, I am developing an Azure Logic App that automates creating Canvas users via a Python language Azure Function using the canvasapi Python package. Everything is working fine, but when I delete the user manually and re-run my workflow with the...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When migrating a classic quiz with LaTex formulas to New Quizzes, the LaTex formulas are converted into images and are no longer editable. When writing a LaTex syntax in the formula editor in Classic quizzes you do not need to include the surrounding...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, We have some issues with students submissions appearing in the Turnitin Inbox, but not appearing in SpeedGrader. Seems to be affecting some of the "extended deadline" assignments, which was held at the beginning of May, for around 57 studen...

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

In a Canvas Community it states: "Each instructor can customize the links in the Course Navigation and limit the number of features that students and observers can see. Observers may or may not see links to certain features."   I was unable to find a...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Chemistry, I currently calculate a weighted lecture average AND a weighted lab average in Blackboard.  After completing Canvas training (which we switch to this fall), I notice that only ONE weighted average is permitted in Canvas. I've also searc...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, As a grader, I set my language to English, but when a student sets his/her language to another, the language on the speed grader page on my end is also that language but not English. For example, the links in the screenshot below are all Korean b...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am generating a question bank using a computer program that automatically creates a a question bank with a set of applied mathematical problems of the same kind, but with different numerical values for the problem variables. The idea behind this is...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I am conducing a quiz, where students are given 1440 minutes (24 hours) to complete the quiz, in a time period of 4 days. I just noticed that several students have the exact same time remaining. On the right is a screenshot of a section of the Modera...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get into the assignments. I'm trying to work on the first part, so if you can let me know how to do this it would help thank you  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As far as I know, if you customize canvas, you have to release the source code according to AGPLv3.If I make an external app (LTI),1. Do I have to release all of my app's source code?2. If I were to release it, how far should I open it?3. Is there an...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A teacher I'm working with would like to give a completely blank PDF for an assignment resubmission. They are finding that no matter what they do, the PDF will always come up completed for the students. I suggested reuploading the PDF with a differen...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student assigned to a Group. We've made a discussion board to post about our group project, but I'm not getting notifications when people post. I do get notifications when people post to discussion boards in the class itself. It looks like the...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On my iPad, Speedgrader progresses to the next unscored assignment. On my computer, Speedgrader progresses to the next student alphabetically whether there is a turned in assignment or not. It happens on my home Mac and my school Windows computer. Is...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all and thank you for reading this question. Context:  I am giving a survey at the beginning of the term that presents a Likert survey followed by an essay. I am trying to provide 9 questions using the the following 5 possible responses: "Extre...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When using the functionality to include a document from Office365 (OneDrive) in a page, it does not give me an option to provide an inline preview of said document.This release document from 2016 seems to indicate that this should be possible, though...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be nice if we could import external calendars into  the Canvas calendar so that all the org calendar dates could be in one place. Google, Outlook and other calendars enable inputting a link to an external calendar. Moodle has this option. Se...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are really trying to automate all of our rostering in Canvas.  We have the API getting set up to roster students, classes, etc from Skyward.   We have a couple of use cases where we want to auto roster courses in Canvas that are NOT courses in Sky...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can an instructor export grades with due dates? I would like to extract grades with due dates and (when present) submission dates. Is that possible? I am an instructor.      

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If you set up a group set it won't allow you to manually set up a group of one person. However you can set up a group set and set the participants to 1 if you let the automatic set up do its thing. If students don't want to be in a group and you don'...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies