Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Most of what I am trying to accomplish is watching a video, tracking that the student watched it then on to the next course.  I can find how to upload videos OR having it go to site like Vimeo.  I was able to get 1 video in but it took 7% of the stor...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My messages are not showing up in my inbox.  It shows that I have two messages but they are not showing up in my inbox.  See screenshot below

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Apparently simple html tags like <button> no longer work in rce and I cannot seem to find out exactly what does work. So, I thought I would ask the experts. Where can I find this information? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello to Canvas Community! One of my student submitted her assignment with the incorrect file and won't be able to resubmit it again as I was made this assignment restricted to only 2 attempts for my class. Now I won't be able to see or access any op...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course is not displaying the self-enrollment url. It should be just under the 'fewer options' switch. What is the cause of this? And what is the solution? When I created the new course it was there, after I copied content into it, it was gone. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have search through the help topics and none of them are helping.  I've read the instructions for fudging points to change a quiz grade for a student, but even though it looks like I can do this in Speed Grader, when I hit "update score" it will no...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am a student currently trying to view one of my teacher's announcements, but when I logged on today I experienced this issue here where the page only displaces HTML and nothing else. Links work, however it shows a similar type of display; Large ima...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Currently, Canvas allows to assign two different time periods to schedule a quiz for two different students. However, it does not allow to assign two time limits for two different students. In such a case, we need to create two separate quizzes with ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When downloading course materials (like assignments), I have a download arrow next to .doc files, but not .docx files.  When I select the hyperlink for a .docx file, it disappears and nothing happens.  I have tried Canvas in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My class is using Canvas Discussion to do a digital penpal exchange with a Japanese classroom. We have not had a problem until last Friday. Suddenly, when my students logged in to Canvas, they couldn't see any of the Discussion topics! I double-check...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can not upload any csv or excel grade files into Canvas. I used exactly the sample header as help page showed just to test out and I get invalid? Is this this wrong? How do I fix? StudentID User IDLogin IDSectionLec1Lab1Lec2 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are piloting an LTI Advantage tool that is giving some users trouble if the LTI launch doesn't happen in a new tab (i.e. the tool content is rendered in the Canvas frame).  While checking the "open in a new tab" for every link fixes the issue they...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the default for the gradebook - to show Inactive students or hide them?We may have a lot of Inactive students who withdrew from courses that we need to retain so admins can review their submission dates for compliance purposes, but we want th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there! We run a virtual course with multiple lab sections, each with their own section-specific quizzes. When one of our admins switched a batch of students over to a different section within the Canvas course, they forgot to transfer over the stu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A new issue popped up that I've never seen before, and didn't start until very recently. Student video submissions load just fine, and I can click through the video, but they never start playing. I've reloaded, refreshed, restarted everything and not...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All daily and weekly notifications seem to be delivered shortly after 6 pm local time. We have both evening and day classes. It would be more appropriate if the daily email notification would run after the evening classes were over. Is it possible to...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I would like to copy the existing assuagement (quiz) and transfer it to another course via API. But, I have a hard time to finding the way to do that even in the document of Canvas API. Does anyone know?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if Canvas Network is still supported and will continue accepting courses? I'm reading mixed things on different Canvas sites.

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to write a script in Airtable to search for submitted assignments in my Canvas class and update my data in Airtable. I'm testing with a manually-generated token, but I can't get the script to connect to the API. I keep getting a 401: Unaut...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A few of my instructors use the Comments in speedgrader to direct students to make corrections to a particular assignment. These show up on their homepage under Current Feedback. I have 2 questions from them: 1)  Is there a setting that would allow s...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi: I am a teacher and I am providing comments to my students on an assessment using media comments. I prefer to just provide an audio recording instead of a video recording. Is there a way to create a default setting that goes directly to audio inst...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm wondering if you have to grade each question when grading quizzes or if you can just skip to the overall grade.  I have a planning sheet for a project we do in class. Each question is worth 5 points. Some kids don't answer the questions--they wri...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the past few days Canvas wouldn't open for me.  At first I thought it might have just been related to the issues they were having yesterday, but those are apparently resolved and my issue is unchanged.  I can access Canvas on my phone, other mach...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the limit for a PDF file?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I am trying to create an announcement via API. I know creating an announcement is part of discussion API and if "is_announcement" is True, that discussion will be an announcement. I could already create a discussion topic via API, however it seem...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Seriously, mow many time will should take to do this? must be quickly, but exist a key and a something secret, and later to login, an later, doesnt work the login, so like said in theis same forum, is better to open a homework and you attach the link...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm an instructor, and I'm teaching an introductory college writing course. I set up a peer review assignment, and even though I triple-checked the dates for both the due date and the peer-review assignment date, Canvas automatically assigned peer re...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,   I am finding myself confused by trying to navigate through the system trying to find my courses.   Thank you, Jose

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My question is: If we do an SIS import, can we do a batch import to underride the student's password? We want all students to be all the same so it is easier to troubleshoot. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies