Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

So when students submit more than 1 time to a group assignment, it looks like only the most recent submission is stored in files on their group home page.  Is this true?  Or are the older submissions hiding somewhere?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i (admin) cannot see the page views on any acounnt since today 17/03, can you help me? 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone know why Canvas works on Microsoft Edge but not on Google Chrome? Since yesterday, when I access Canvas on Google Chrome (which I have always done for years), I cannot access the courses or the inbox (or the dashboard). It works well only...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Good Day,   I am looking to find out the CANVAS backend Data Warehouse tables where the assignemt data sits for the following report. Missing Assignments   Student nameStudent IDCourse nameCourse IDSection nameAssignment namePoints possibleDue dateUn...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to ask , why can't my canvas show the course ? I'v tried to open it on microsoft edge but still can't open it . Only the boxes are visible and are white without the course name. I will attach the photo. Thanks in advance for the help .

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Regarding deleted files and inbox mails and what happens to them.  My group and I have an assignment that we have to upload our draft assignment once a week just for instructor too observe the progress. As we upload our files individually we repla...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to ask, why can't my canvas show the course? I've tried to open it on Microsoft Edge but still can't open it. Only the boxes are visible and are white without the course name. I will attach the photo. Thanks in advance for the help.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I loaded into canvas today to do some school work (I'm a student), and I noticed that canvas felt...smaller, even though I was on desktop. I looked at the to do list on the right side, and found my answer. The to do list still has dates due and what ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was told this was a Hybrid class however, i cannot find the button to sign into class.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed the Core Social and Emotional Practices in an MTSS training (10 hours) online and didn't receive the certificate for it. I am trying to find it on the Canvas page and there's no option to download the certificate. The help says: Contact t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you make a quiz that reoccurs every day without having to duplicate and edit it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to add a staff member to an archived course from two years ago. I cannot add them under People > + People because the button "+ People" is greyed out.  This post from Canvas.Yale.edu says that there is a button in Settings > Unlock Course...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a plan for new quizzes to add the wildcard character * in the answer choices?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Someone send me a password reset email or something, I really need to get my final done. Ive tried multiple passwords and nothing will let me in.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi As soon as my students finished answering a quiz, I mistakenly made a spare copy in the same place. But unfortunately, I lost all the data after copying it in the same place.  My question: Is there any tool or trick to retrieve the old quiz, the s...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is my first time using collaborations in Canvas and I went to add a collaboration and just followed the prompts, which lead to me setting it up for Office 365. I keep getting errors when I try to actually add a collaboration and now I see that I...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My colleague assured me that she has shared files with me; however; nothing shows up in the "Received Content" section. IS there a setting I have accidentally disabled?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I wonder if I can find out which pages within a course have been viewed most frequently. Let's say that I have several pages and I am not quite sure whether there is a need to continue offering all of these pages. It would really help to kn...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When adding a question to a quiz from a question bank the user interface truncates the question. Resizing the window adds some more text but it still does not show the entire question. My instructors want to preview the entire question when picking q...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I use the "Message students wh0..." feature via Marks, is there a way I can find the messages I've sent to students in the past?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My laptop version of canvas has been unable to log in since the beginning of this semester. My laptop is an Apple OS.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

All of the pages on my course went blank when I refreshed it this morning. I cannot add any new pages or discussions and all the replies my students posted are gone! I've tried troubleshooting from answers in this community about browser updates, but...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been experiencing Mastery Path Issues since the beginning of the semester, and none of them got answered so far.  Are you still providing support to my institution?What is the estimated response time?08523214 - the student is unable to access ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  Is new analytics available in public courses? I have it enabled and it doesn't seem to be collected data? If NA is not available for public courses, is there a means to get Course Activity like page views?    Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have completed my first micro-credential. Was advised I'd receive an email with a link to Credly to accept my badge. I haven't received an email. I have created an account with Credly but can't find anything helpful there either. How do I receive m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello! i'm a student, and my canvas is typically set to list view, as it is easier for me to see all my assignments. up until today, all my classes have been color coded and synced with the colors I set in the calendar (i did this from card view at t...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is it possible to create an assignment with peer reviews when there is no student submission to Canvas?  I use Flipgrid to have students create videos and comment on their peers' videos, and I would like to randomly assign peer reviews for them. Howe...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, Was wondering if anyone might have some great ideas for taking attendance in an online sync class.  Our school requires attendance, but I am driving myself crazy with trying to keep track of students who attend, come in late, leave early, etc....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Admins, I know Badgr is a very popular choice for badging but curious if people are using it or one of the many alternatives and what they think of the tool they are using.  We have been using Canvas Catalog to award certificates but are getting more...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies