Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

The question banks I export from Examview (Wimba Diploma 6.72) in QTI 1.2 format will not import into Canvas.  I get the following message:Error: there was a problem importing your file.Error DetailsThe qti import failed.\nERROR: Unsupported QTI vers...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our students do not have a "pair observer" option in their settings.How do we help parents login?!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a teacher select to use the speed grader to grade her Google LTI submissions. There is no preview available for her to grade the work! What can we do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have old redirect links that I would like to delete. I have removed them from student view, but I want to permanently delete them. I went under App Configurations for Redirect, but I do not have the option to delete the links. I have designer and i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good day,Is there a way to turn off the sequential order at the school level (all courses in the Canvas instance)?  Currently the only way I know how to turn off the sequential order is to edit each module in each course.   Thank you,Randy

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sometimes when grading New Quizzes in Speedgrader, you'll grade everything and hit the "Update" button, but then the grade won't carry over into the gradebook. If we have to use New Quizzes, then this should not be happening. I guess my question is: ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I copy a Google Drive slideshow that's on Canvas into Google Drive so that I can change the settings and share with others outside my school org?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My course is not weighted, rather its set as a 1000 point grading scheme. As an instructor, how do I preset this in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a non-negotiable, you have got to create a report generator so that a quick report can be obtained of student missing assignments!  Beyond frustrated Teacher. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The courses on my dashboard are not loading on safari, but they are on Firefox, how can I fix that?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students are struggling this year to access courses. They are not receiving course invitations, even if I resend them or create new courses to send from. I get the message that the emails are not verified. The students are not getting verification em...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One of my predecessors included a video on a page in a Canvas course. The video can be viewed by our students, so no problem there.However, as a teacher of this course, I can't locate or manage the video itself.This video is not available for me in t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are many differences between pumps and oxfords. When it comes to business shoes, there are some differences in terms of the materials used. For example, pumps have a heel that is made from leather, while oxfords have a rubber sole. Pumps also c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are parents who are enrolled as observers able to view discussion posts & replies by students other than the student they are paired with?  After reading this, How Do I View Discussions as an Observer?, I'm led to believe they can see other student's...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who uses the Office 365 LTI in his courses to update his PowerPoint slides to share across all his courses. There are some students in these courses who receive the error "you are not allowed to view this content."What causes thi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I contact students through Canvas?is there an email feature/tab?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am instructor who created a discussion post. In student view, it does not show up on the student's To Do List so most students missed the deadline. I confirmed that it was open for responses withou an end date. The only way for the students to see ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas community, This might be a long shot but just curious if there's a way to customise a particular locked assignment instruction and add some more instruction? (see attached). Thanks in advance,Dean

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HelloI cannot find the calendar related to the online courses. So, I do not know when the classes will be take place. Will you guide me?Best Regards,Sepideh

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to update the students enrollments information from Compass to Canvas, please? Also for information of class teachers. Thanks,Wen Li 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  I have enrolled in class 425, however it is not showing on my dashboard.  I need to do my assignments that are due tomorrow.  Please help!sincerely,Ashwini Narayanamurti

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was able to delete several files in my course and then the final 2 will not delete despite going through the correct motions. Can anyone help with this please?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I prefer to grade papers as first-come, first-grade, but once the due date rolls around everyone is clumped in together and I am presented with the papers alphabetically. Is there any way to change this in settings, so that I am grading the earlier s...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change an answer in a multiple choice published quiz

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am an ESL writing instructor and it is absolutely necessary that I have:1. Turnitin plagiarism detection of all writing2. The opportunity for students to submit multiple drafts for an assignment. Some students submit more drafts than others. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a student and don't know how to upload a photo on my Macbook pro.help please, thanks Victor

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello - we have a student auditing a class, and would like this student to be able to access the Canvas LMS but not be added to the gradebook. Is there any way to keep an individual student (with the Canvas "student" role) out of the Gradebook?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Daskboard page, I would like to ask if there is possible to show sub-Daskboard(s) inside any these Daskboard item? (My user role is IT Admin) 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies