Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

For the last couple of years, LaTeX code typed between \( and \) would render as an equation once a Canvas page was saved. This was not working for me today. Typing, say, \( k^2 \) just produced "\(" rather than the desired k with an exponent 2 on it...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Lately I have been experiencing when I log into canvas a pop up almost every single time asking for me to verify a code that has been sent to my phone. It is getting quite annoying having to get the code every time to log in.. does anyone know...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m looking for a way to update my Canvas external tool with the currently active course sections.Currently, I'm receiving each user's current sections (name and id) as a custom field defined in the developer key:$Canvas.course.sectionIds$com.instruc...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student, can we receive a notification when a new course is made available on our Canvas? I don't want to receive a notification for all material added to a course - just when a new course is made available or opened up by the instructor.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I copy and paste a link from another canvas page, it brings the link itself as well as the text, which is lovely, but every time it pastes it it includes the text "Links to an external site" as part of the link text. This is potentially useful for...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to duplicate a quiz and retain multiple due dates? I have been able to duplicate a quiz and retain one due date, but not multiple. Is there a way to do this on New or Classic quizzes?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a returning student after taking a break due to covid complications in my family.  I had to take some incompletes.  Is there any way that I can still access those classes in canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Science Literacy 101 and the class is divided into recitation groups, with each recitation group further divided into student teams. For team related work, one team member is responsible for uploading the team work into Canvas under their nam...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Im having trouble signing into canvas. I put my insite email and password. I even tried putting request password and waited 30 min and i have not received any emails and its been 2 hours now. i am putting the correcr email

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason dragging and moving my courses will not work and neither does the "Move To Top/Bottom" button. I want to organizes the classes that I am enrolled in but they will not move when I am moving them. 

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't get Rich Content Editor to come up on my canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to log on to canvas on my laptop & I just so happened to forget the password. I have been trying to reset my password for 3 days. I haven't received the reset email each time that I have put it in. It's not in my spam mail or anyth...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I keep the word "Assignment from appearing in the Grade Book?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I keep the word "Assignment from appearing in the Grade Book?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am a new student and never did any online course before. Cant find my course and how to access the orientation. Can you please help me.thanksNaofa

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have code that fetches a list of students in the course using the following endpoint:CANVASURL:443/api/v1/courses/COURSEID/users?enrollment_type[]=student&enrollment_state[]=active&per_page=100 Previously I would receive student data that looks lik...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am supposed to take Canvas Fundamentals but I can't figure out how to get into it

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas won't completely load, my web browsers and everything else works on my laptop, except for canvas I've tried all different web browsers such as google, Microsoft, etc. I can log on my canvas on anything else and it works but not for my lapto...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I set a particular course as default in the Canvas Inbox, so each time I open the inbox, it opens at that course rather than 'All Courses'?  Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To Whom It May Concern,I took a virtual online course virtual lab last week-end on 08/20 & 08/21 called "ISPI-CE 48 Online Therapeutic Neuroscience Education" . I would like to know if this course has been approved by the Florida and Indiana board of...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Thank you for the guides instructions, please can you tell me where to find "MY LIBRARY"? I have a hard time finding My library to start the different steps in order to record a video. I am using a computer with Microsoft edge and wave browser. Thank...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For a week now unfortunately my canvas does not work. It does not show any classes on my dash board, doesn't show the calendar or any other feature only the support or help column. It's weird because it works perfectly fine on my mobile app but not m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students have submitted assignments that need grading and they are not showing up in my "To Do" list. They are not showing up in my dashboard view or within the individual course shell. I'm only receiving this "needs  grading" alert for one section, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I establish different modules for different sections of a course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, I am using a chromebook - it is up to date, I have cleared the cache, i have restarted / shutdown numerous times, but when I get into Dashboard my classes do NOT show up.  I can access all my classes on my Android Smartphone so it must be a Chrom...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I open my instructor’s video (uploaded in modules) and it plays on a safari. (I am using my iphone for study). The video progress bar on the bottom covers the bottom part of slides that my instructor goes over. I hope it does not cover the ppt slide,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For graded discussions, is there an easy way to give all students access EXCEPT a certain student or two? I assign short responses after many of my classes, but I don't want absent students to have access to those discussion threads. I realize I can ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have multiple courses that I edit daily, and when I move to new section (modules or home page, etc) a new tab opens.  I prefer to have them open the old way on top of the last page.  Is there a way to change that setting?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I (student) was doing a timed quiz and used my phone (mobile app) to view the questions while I was using my laptop to work on the answers. I was left with 10 minutes left for the quiz and when I tried opening the quiz on my laptop, it said that ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create an External Link within a module and check "Load in a new tab", the created link does not navigate away from the current page (although it may create a new tab or window) when clicked.How can I provide a video link in an assignment that...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies