Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am trying to see my old, previous courses I took in Fall 2021 but I am not sure how to look for them in Canvas. I am currently not enrolled in any courses now because I am not taking the Summer quarter, but I still want to look at my past enrollmen...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,If my canvas course is published, can the students then view the course contents? Do I need to do anything else to make it visible to students?Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm designing a course that will be offered across multiple schools, to one or two students at each of these schools. In the past, I have designed a separate section for each school, but a key part of this course is letting students from different sc...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I watched the demo and think the Canvas program is great.  I got frustrated trying to figure out what I need to do to make a course accessible for others to use.  If I am a subscriber and create a course, can I export it to Blackboard or Schoology t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Colleagues.I've opened a help ticket with our local support staff here at our college, but I wanted to see if any of you experienced this issue before. The college-branded global course menu is no longer loading for me. Instead, I see the generic...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a freelance teacher. Whenever I post an assignment or quiz in my canvas teacher account, My students don't get a notification on their email, so most of them miss checking the posted assignment.Please help if I can enable any settings to send the...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Recently we migrated content to a new video server.  The existing (old) links in our Canvas courses were not converted.  I am looking for providers who can automate the process of converting the old links (Knowmia) to the current video service provid...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My pharmacy school students will be working with external hospitals, clinics, and doctors.Is it possible to add these individuals (hospitals, clinics, and doctors ) to canvas using their personal emails? eg gmail, company email, hotmailMy goal is to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to install Microsoft Teams meetings LTI using this Client ID (879209990040549), but Canvas couldn't find an LTI configuration ID of this like. I got this from @codytitmus post (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Admin-Blog/Microsoft-Te...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Under Files, I have set limited permission to students to view files. i.e. only student with a link.My queries below:1. How do the students get the link? Or where do I get the link for them? 2. Is there any way to set an individual file folder for ea...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Quiz for Unit 1 is listed but not appearing at the end of Unit 1 and before Unit 2.  Please clarify. Thank you,Sally Gearhart,ESL Instructor, SRJC 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I start typing in the "Report a problem" box, I inevitably have to reference a specific term or location and ofter when I navigate back to the Report text box, the pane closes and I lose my message. I am learning to type out my case on a Google ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have laptop only and canvas student.Kindly advise me the simplest way to submit on canvas 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to fill out my IRB application and am having issues creating more space/lines to type in information to the posted questions. Also, I am having issues printing out the feedback annotations on a document for reference when editing my...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear community,I am the designer as well as the teaching assistant of my MOOC. However, when I access the badge page, it reminds me of accepting the updated terms of service. After checking the "read and agree" box, I have typed the "continue" button...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, There is some confusion among our students as the notification they receive on the right of their screens for assignments shows as follows (July 19 at 12:15pm). This 12:15pm is actually the due time but students see this and think that thei...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am trying to log in to account and apparently my password is not recognized.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How's the best way to handle an assignment where students turn in partial sub assignments towards completing one larger assignment, which would allow me to provide grades for the sub assignments along the way and still allows students be able to tell...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am privy to the login help, however I can access canvas on my phone and tablet but not my computer using the same password. How do I call a representative to help troubleshoot?  I followed the password reset prompts but to no avail and did not rece...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have already embedded a slideshow as a PDF and it is in line with the link (I can see it on the page).  However, I would like to resize the width and canvas doesn't seem to allow this.  Could someone help?  I think I did this earlier because one of...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an Instructional Technology Coach for Bibb County Schools in Macon, GA. I was wondering if it would be possible for you to change the colors of the gradebook key so that the colors for each group or significantly different or allowing an option ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello there,I am a multimedia designer with a Canvas administrator account at a college and have been creating and uploading course content for our college along with a team of lecturers and designers. Recently, a number of fundamental modifications ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to have a 'bonus' quiz which is only released if a student scores highly in the 'standard' version of a quiz. Is this possible in Canvas? A student should be able to view all Module content regardless of whether or not they complete the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student user of Canvas and find it distracting (read - annoying) when a grade is entered into the Canvas gradebook and I cannot clear it or mark it as "read." There is an "unread" notification on the Grades sidebar and the blue dot will not di...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone know how to turn on notifications for rework? One our teacher's isn't receiving any notifications for rework  "I’m also not getting any notifications for when a trainee submits rework which isn’t going to help keep a track of what’s going...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I would like to create a blurred background or upload a picture  in collaborate Ultra. How do I do this please?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiWe are using a Canvas shell for many groups with different teachers. When it comes to marking of students assignments is difficult, where I have to look for the students that is in my group to mark them. Is there a way to separate the groups if the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies