Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,I have a page that I would like to copy across into modules for the new academic year. However, when I copy the page to a new module, some of the CSS styling is lost.I have attached screenshots illustrating the problem. The shot with green/...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been messing around with my sandbox, but would like to start from scratch again. How do I clear my sandbox so it goes back to its initial empty/blank default setting I began with?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have 3 high school aged kids with several Canvas classes set up where I am an Observer. My dashboard is littered with old classes. How do I get rid of them or hide them? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is my first time doing a full online class. I believe I did everything right & on time. Please send me an email if I did not.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am unable to access my courses on the web- which is new. Is there something you all can turn on? I still have access on my mobile app but I am needing to submit assignments from my surface pro. Thanks in advance!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher using Canvas.  I have made myself an Observer of my ELD 1 students so that we can have weekly grade conferences. Two issues-- On a computer screen, I can see the list of students I'm Observing, but I can't click on any students to actu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created outcomes (in a group) and rubrics for one course.  How do I copy those outcomes (in a group) and rubrics to another course in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With a paper exam, students can cross off an option chosen, but for Canvas new quizzes, this isn't an option. It would be helpful for the option to disappear when chosen or students to have some way of crossing off the options as they go through them...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my course at Old Dominion University (CCL 820), we use Guest Scholars throughout the semester. Guest Scholars are usually faculty members or administrators from community colleges. They help to teach the course and lead course discussions. i would...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Morning,I hop e you are well.I would like to know where I can read more to do discussion for today please. I am confused. Sorry, I am struggling with technologhy. Also, I cannot enter my email now. I  ask you if you let 2 ttemts  in quizzes, ple...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas Community,Hope all is well. I've got questions regarding Zoom integration. I hope you can help out. 1. Can we launch a Zoom meeting from outside Canvas? What will be the impact on Canvas?2. If a user with a Basic Zoom account schedules a Zo...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I am able to edit pdf, write, make notations , add text etc, in the mobile app version, iOs. But it is completely different when I open a pdf on my computer, windows 11 using internet version. Does anyone know how to do the same on the compute...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hi. getting a refund from upskilled in australia. blind student doing the diploma of networking, now i want to do the last 9 units on my own. but soon will not able to login and will have my canvass access blocked. so want to do the last 9 units on m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How could I disable the pop-up blocker on canvas?I am unable to access a course module.I need assistancePlease and thank youSarai

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've watched the diabetes tutorial video multiple times (9minutes plus) and my progress is not saving, so it does check off that I've completed that section. Very frustrating and very time consuming. Please help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This needs to be fixed it was fine 2018-2021 until someone decided to upgrade media record upload now it does not function properly. This is a very fustrating to try and submit an assignment on video to record.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the title reads, canvas will not load on computer. The website just blinks white constantly. It works on my phone completely fine. Refreshing doesn't work. Changing my password didn't work. Taking it off the saved bookmarks and putting it back on ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do I want to mark my comments as read?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I common another students' post a picture. Im having trouble finding it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Need to find out my current grade on canvas for class (CIT-40-34517-2022FA)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently my course cards and banners have not been syncing appropriately. When I upload a banner and a course card (different photos), and look at it from a computer, all is fine. However, when I log in on a student ipad and use the Canvas app, the c...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We serve up our content to schools all around the nation.  I like having buttons on the home page of each course, with a button that takes you directly to the first assignment.  It's a simple way to get started.  However, when I try to add a relative...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does "Send an individual message to each recipient" work the same way as bcc?Will the recipient be able to see the names of other recipients of the message?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

That didn't help me.  My question pertains to an issue with course pacing.  

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can multiple choice quizzes in Elearning be imported into Canvas? Or do I need to cut and paste line by line?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was creating a new quiz as a copy of an old one. I changed the name, questions, and settings in a sample course and then copied it into my new course. Only to find that the original quiz is gone, with all of its submissions. Help! Can the old quiz ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Gradescope for a number of homework assignments and have it correctly linked through Canvas (afaik from the instructor guides; using LTI 1.3). Students have successfully submitted the assignment before the (now past) deadline. My issue is ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This question does not relate to activating the "Student View."I am trying to test items that are placed in a course by professors to see how they behave for both students and the professor.  I would like to get/add a test student within the course.F...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies