Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am new to Canvas and come here from Moodle. Unlike Moodle or MyOpenMath (and most other quiz systems, I think) Canvas does not allow questions in quizzes to be submitted individually or one at a time. It seems essential for assignments or any learn...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I have a Canvas room with a total of 72 students. Some of the students (the ones passing the last assessment) are ready for some lab work. It is 40 of the students who are ready for the lab. I want them to join two-and-two in lab-groups, but only ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I disable the App Centre so Teachers do not add lots of apps that are not required at the minute and may also need configuration to work!?!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was always able to copy and paste additional comments in speedgrader but suddenly it is not possible. Keyboard shortcuts also do not work, Windows clipboard also does not work. How can I rectify this problem please?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi thereI have an assignment that requires students to submit a word document. When I download all submissions as a zip file, Canvas adds a prefix to each word document file name. e.g. it will add "studenttest_127_10280". The issue we have with this ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In SpeedGrader, if a PDF file is submitted with a very large page size (i.e. the physical page size in inches/mm set in the PDF header), then SpeedGrader is not able to zoom out far enough to see the entire page. The "-" zoom button becomes grayed ou...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is an urgent matter, some students have disability and apparently Canvas does not accommodate students with disability.I need to allocate more time for students with disability on homeworks and quizzes. Can you show me how to do that. I will hav...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I find all courses with setting "Visibility" set to "course"?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned a quiz to be completed during the holiday. But none of the students can open it.On my end, it is definitely published.Why do they see this error message?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I understand that the free for teacher course storage limit is 500mb, but do student submitted assignments and files count toward that limit?If an assignment requires a video submission, lets say 100mb and 10 students submit, that would exceed 500mb ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Is there an easy way to select certain students out of a class and only view their assignments in the gradebook? I use the search student function, but if I go from that list I made and select an assignment for a student and then into speedgrad...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Canvas how do you give one student an extra point to their overall grade?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I am learning how to use Canvas through the 'Growing with Canvas' course. I just need to know about notifications. If I change notifications from my user profile does this change any settings for anyone else using the course? Or does it just c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Processing in the canvas text box, I cannot move forward after each typed word. The space key function appears to do nothing when prompted. To get around the problem, I press the option key along with the spacebar to dislodge the cursor to jump to th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi thanks in advance for any help that you can provide. i've taught this course before and I have imported this course unfortunately the attendance is not working since it's been imported. i've insured under settings that it is it is available and pu...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to edit multiple items at the same time? I want to make sure that all of the quizzes and assignments are set to unlimited attempts. Do I have to go in one at a time to check/change these settings?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to change the email address that is currently associated with my Canvas account, but I don't see a way to do so.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When creating multiple self sign up groups is it possible to lock a group from opening until the group before it has been filled?eg.Say you had 3 study groups with a limit of 10 students and you had a possible cohort of anywhere between 15 and 30. Yo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I recently submitted a writing assignment that my professor will grade anonymously.That said, I attached a comment with my Word Doc submission. When I look at the submission details, my name is next to my comment. I want to make sure that this do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students frequently ask for an absence to be excused (for medical reasons, and so on). It seems that in Canvas, excusing an absence only means that a direct penalty won't be applied. I don't have "Grade Settings" set to deduct percentage points for a...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I don't know if my Announcements are automatically emailed to all students.If they are not, is there a way to have all Announcements emailed to all students?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is the R&D team at Canvas considering the support of common XR/VR/AR file types? If so, which ones, if not, would the internal teams be open to investigating?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the R&D team at Canvas considering the support of 3D model file types? If so, which ones, if not, what might be the reason(s).

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can go to offer feedback about a completed course and rate an instructor?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I want to view my grades in mozilla firefox the grades page is always blank. No matter the class I can't view my grades in that web browser.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is needed when one of the students does not participate in the team assignment.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I replied to a graded discussion from the discussion page, fully answering the discussion, and it didn't count as a submission even though I saw my post in the assignment preview. However, the instructor wasn't able to see this same post as a preview...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear All,Greetings of the day.I completed one MOOC from ERAU worldwide through Canvas in the year 2019. After that I used to access the course and all submissions through the completed course tab. But recently I am unable to access it and it is showi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The "View" option is missing. Has it been moved somewhere?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies