Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there a setting to get discussion boards to open in a new tab? I understand this is now the default for external links etc., but I can't find a way to force this for native (internal) Canvas links such as the discussion board.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy! new on Canvas here, I am trying to setup a module template that features a homepage. Said homepage should have a  prompt that instruct the user to reach the "modules" section of the course. I would like the word "module" to have an hyperlink a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a pretty consistent issue where I have an assignment using an External Tool (Skillable lab - could be any Skillable lab) and if a student cancels that assignment without completing any portion of it they always receive a score of 10/10 or 100%...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how i put assignments on dashboard in canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am currently enrolled in a World History course on Canvas, and have been working on it for the past few weeks. I have not completed it, nor am I anywhere close to the course's deadline. I logged in today not only to discover that it is nowhe...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello community:I do not see a space to offer suggestions for Canvas so I thought to put it here. Would it be possible to place the score box for Quizzes at the bottom of student responses? For example, I have been scoring students' essay exams and o...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to get the total activity time of the students on the platform using the Canvas tables.I have thought of obtaining all the student's actions from the REQUEST table, and calculating the interval between the first and last access at the ses...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to generate a summative report card with grades and comments for each student, collating various subjects' quizzes and assignments? Is there a platform which would link seamlessly with Canvas to then generate report cards? I am trying ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I found this information about the Total Activity in the How do I use the People page:"Total activity time is displayed in hours:minutes:seconds. If a user has not yet reached an hour of activity, total activity time is displayed as minutes:seconds."...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I submitted photo in jpg format thru Canvas for my class 3 of them displayed sideways.  I uploaded them one by one without any change.  I do not think there is any way to make the change after uploading them Could you please help to find out why the...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm an account admin. I have activated the submit on behalf of student in the permissions section, but its not showing the option as per the article https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-submit-an-assignment-on-behalf-of-a-stud...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was updating my homepage for next school year and wanted to change some of the buttons. I didn't change the formatting at all; just moved reassessment policy from the table of buttons on the bottom to the table of buttons on the top. In the screens...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was not assigned a peer review but someone else got to review my work for Milestone 3.My concern now is that this particular module's milestone shows as incomplete yet i passed. This has had a negative impact on my overall score. Is this a glitch? ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have always embedded YouTube videos with no problem. Today, I embedded multiple videos into a canvas module page; I can see the videos while in "edit" mode, but once I "save" the video it disappears. I've tried on Firefox and Chrome. Any help would...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone,Okay, I need some help figuring out what is going on with my blueprint associated class shells.We use Anthology Ally to check accessibility. I have updated a blueprint course to a score of 96%. The (newly) associated course shells for thi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I looked through the page and cannot find and answer to my question.https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-create-a-quiz-with-a-question-group-to-randomize-quiz/ta-p/1032There is an Update Group button which I don't see covered....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are in the process of changing systems to Jenzabar One which includes moving to Azure for SAML login. My question is: Is there a way to set up authentication in Canvas to recognize separate groups for login? For example: 1. Students will use email...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you go to profile/settings in Canvas, you can enable the option: Include Byte-Order Mark in Compatible Spreadsheet Exports. This option is turned off by default for our users. We would like to enable this option by default for all our users. Is ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have received a request to recover an assignment for a deleted student. The course still exists, though it is closed off. I have recovered the student account at the request of our admin team though not surprisingly this did not recover any enrolme...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have the type of Canvas where it has a home page with blocks of courses and I want to change it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What happens if the banner roster is uploaded into canvas and’s the students on that roster are not in that course? What happens in canvas? Are the students deleted Is the work deleted?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally deleted a graded assignment. How can I recover the assignment and grades?I already attempted the /undelete trick and it did not show me the assignment.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As we transition from Blackboard to Canvas we are working on comparing features in the systems so that we know what they are called in each system or if a certain feature doesn't exist we can note that. Has anyone developed such a list already? Pleas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two different courses in the same Canvas environment. I have all of the students registered in one course, but they all need to additionally be added to another course. How can I sync the two courses together so that when someone is added or r...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to login into my account since 2 days but I forget password when I am trying with forget password I am not getting mail from canvas for my credentials

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i register ELAC class in summer ,the class is start now, but the message said: my browsers can't match \canvas. what should I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have completed the training modules and taken the final exam. I passed and wanted to know where do i go from there? what else do i need to do in order to recieve certificate?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There have been and continue to be cases where staff accounts in our banner system are on hold when courses begin. The professors then manually add them in so they do not get behind on the course work. There are times that the hold can last weeks aft...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies