Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How can I upload a power point presentation into the discussion board?

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

My apologies if this was well documented somewhere...I noticed that the gradebook export changed at the beginning of 2019 to produce student names as first name last name, as opposed to 2018 where it exported as last name, first name. This change som...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how can my profile photo post right side up? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to know what ideas are out there to teach "how to create a resume" in an online-only course for students who are majoring in trades, such as HVAC, automotive, welding, etc. at a community college and may have limited IT skills. I have a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to know what ideas are out there to teach "how to create a resume" in an online-only course for students who are majoring in trades, such as HVAC, automotive, welding, etc. at a community college and may have limited IT skills. I have a ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I go to ALL pages, I get a notification, in 1 class, that the "null" page was deleted.1. How can I stop seeing this notification?2. What was the "null" page?I know how to get rid of deleted items notification within a page, but not in all pages.

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Sorry, I know I'm going to go a bit internet circa 1998 on you all here, but how about a button on the formatting toolbar to shove a quick horizontal rule in across the page, without having to go into the source code and hand-craft it in? Not much in...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to get the time spent on a quiz when I download the student statistics from a quiz? One indicator of whether or not a student is trying honestly is the time spent, and I'd like to be able to download the data without having to manually...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have graded an assignment using highlights and comments, adding them directly to the viewing window on the speed grader window.  I have graded over 75% of my class and I am now finding out that my students can not view the highlighted portions of t...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I enter annotations in student papers in the SpeedGrader but hide the feedback until all of the papers have been reviewed?  

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a way to get stats on how users log in--percentage from desktop vs mobile browser vs mobile app? That info seems to be tracked at the individual level, but I don't see a place to view aggregates...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The past couple of weeks I have experienced a lag when searching for courses. It has been worse the past two days and I saw on the Canvas Status page others may have been experiencing the same. Even though this is a known issue, I'm taking this oppor...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi All:  I'm an academic librarian at a small community college.  Is there a way to put our database page inside Canvas and do away with the need for a proxy?  If students and faculty log in to Canvas, and it works with our ERP, it seems like this wo...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add TWO correct answers in a Canvas multichoice quiz?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I know I have seen the feature option to moderate an assignment, but I can't find it in Feature Options. Did it disappear or does something else need to be turned on at the account level?

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When reading longer pages on Canvas, like lesson and assignment pages, the page constantly refreshes itself and jumps back to the top of the page. This is extremely frustrating. It refreshes every 8-10 seconds, which makes it very difficult to read a...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone else had this issue? I am wanting to test out the PDF annotation feature for some of my courses that I design and when I create a Test Student and upload the PDF, I can see them in the grade book on my desktop, but they do not show up unde...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I get notified when a teacher updates a module?My teacher updates the module for homework and several times it is after I have looked at it (sometime after 6:00pm).The teacher does not use Assignments or Announcements which I receive notifica...

• 4 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I want to give points for attendance. How can I connect attendance to a gradebook column?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have an issue in which a we cannot push out a course shell to a teacher because Canvas gives us a message that tthe SIS ID is already assigned.  The teacher had an account that was manually created, but has since been deleted; and the SIS ID is no...

• 6 Likes
  • 11 Replies

While grading via the Rubric, the student hit the SAVE button, which closed the peer review to any further grade point inputs.How do I re-open the Rubric?The assignment is closed, but the 'peer review' period is still open.Thank you!

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I reduce the size of the giant icons that show up when I log into my canvas? How do I get rid of them?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all,I allow students to submit revisions and rewrites up until speech day (for public speaking). I base the "on time" part of their work on the initial due date and what they submitted by that date (if it's a piece of paper with just their name an...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I'm having trouble with images disappearing in quizzes in canvas.  My students use Chromebooks and most of them can see the images but one or two can't.  I have gone to files and published them individually and they are still not showing up on their ...

• 6 Likes
  • 29 Replies

I would like to link a calendar event from within a module similar to how a page is linked. When the link is clicked it would open up to the student calendar which would give them details about the event. Thank you! 

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have found the code for this, but when I hit "Save" the code disappears.  That tells me that Canvas can't support that.  I think it is also because most of the time a check box is used, it's for data and there is no place to send this data.Also, ho...

• 8 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,I've been running into an error trying to find a section that doesn't seem to exist. At our institution, we give our courses the same SIS-ID as the section, (so sis_course_id is the same as sis_section_id). I went to rename a section's SIS ID that...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm hoping there is a way to group my question banks into categories, but I haven't found it.For example, I created the following banks:I really like the ability to use Groups to pull a certain number of questions from each bank. This ensures that st...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a list of known issues? I've been searching for one but I have not found one.

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why do you release "upgrades" that don't work? In the past, we posted ONE comment that was returned with quizzes for all respondents. This year, you decided to "improve" the program by supplying options for different comments. But I can't edit or del...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies