Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I upload a Google Slides presentation?  I have tried 2 different ways and I still have students that are not receiving the presentation.  Thanks

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm beginning to think that the color overlay on the Dashboard should be off by default.  From a clearly design perspective it mostly detracts from courses that have an image. What's your opinion?  coloroverlay #dashboard‌

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 39 Likes
  • 31 Replies

Some assignments do not have the option to duplicate:Does anyone know if there are any reasons why an assignment wouldn't have the "duplicate" option?  It is NOT an assignment with an external tool. Thanks!

• 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

How do I get rid of the "Course Summary" at the bottom of my syllabus? The dates that appear there are left over from other courses and confusing to this semester's students.  However, I cannot figure out how to delete them.Any suggestions are much a...

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

When I am trying to review my quizzes, I am unable to view the details of the questions when I have more than 25 questions. I must go into Edit in order to see the details.  Furthermore, there is no indication of what number the question is.  I was s...

• 11 Likes
  • 16 Replies

How do I see student comments on assignments? They can find a link to my comments on their grade list, but I don't have a place to access (or even know they've made) student comments on assignments without going through each person on SpeedGrader.Is ...

• 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I would like to voice strong objections to the recent change in rubrics, adding color coding to the scores, with green for the highest scores and then orange and red for lower scores. I emphasize to my students that a C or B is a good score, but now ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 62 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I have posted the grades for an exam 1 to the grade book. How do I view exam 1 grade statistics for the class (average, distribution, etc.)?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Today, an instructor is grading his assignment submissions in Speedgrader. When he submits a comment this error occurs: "An error occurred updating this assignment"So, you'll notice that you cannot see the comment anymore. In order for the instructor...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hello, i am having problems using the lockdown browser for my exam on canvas. I have downloaded it and set it up, But every time i try to start my exam it says i need a lockdown browser. I watched many videos and it says i should enter the exam throu...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I reset or clear an assignment a student has submitted? For example, the student uploaded the wrong file. How do clear it so she can submit again?

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hi, I have a student that requires different quiz allotted time than the rest of the class due to disability. How do I create a duplicate of the quiz? That way I can assign the quiz with more allotted time only to that student... Thanks!

• 11 Likes
  • 56 Replies

Does anyone know who to remove courses from the Calendar? Or hide them? We have a number of test courses that we would like to not see in the Calendar. 

• 7 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hello! We need our Heads of Schools to have ACT AS USER access. However, we can only give them access to sub-accounts since we do not want them to have full access to our Board Room course. We created sub-accounts and placed them as admin in those. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, I want to know if it is possible to get Canvas to automatically mark an assignment as "missing" after the due date and/or last available date for the assignment has passed. This seems to happen for assignments where, for example, the student h...

• 4 Likes
  • 15 Replies

To whom it may concern,I am trying to grade an assignment in Canvas but the SpeedGrade screen is stuck on the Loading Screen. How do I get SpeedgGrader to work?Sincerely,Josiah Rippetoe

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I ensure the Modules can be viewed by students? In my course the Modules section is greyed out. In student view Modules is not visible. Modules are loaded into the student view in the Navigation section and all items in the Modules are publis...

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We are looking for means in situations where we have to process large batch enrollments by means of SIS while retaining the teachers ability to delete the users from their courses should they wish.  The use case is very large courses that are either ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like to remove the "test student" from my roster on canvas?  Canvas keeps including this in my grades and statistics.Thank you,Will Gosnell

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do i upload a picture to the disscussions board

• 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I delete old classes from last fall and spring semester off my canvas Dashboard so I can only see and focus on the classes I am currently enrolled in?

• 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

In Speedgrader, is there a way to shrink the size of the rubric? In order to see my entire rubric and the place to leave qualitative remarks, I have to move the rubric screen so far to the left that it shrinks the student submission until it's nearly...

• 36 Likes
  • 43 Replies

Ok, I've scoured through the discussions, Canvas guides, and random Google searches ... I'm looking for any assistance someone with way better JavaScript skills than me can provide.Does anyone have a custom script that will allow me to hide an option...

• 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I want to assign a quiz to a particular group rather than a whole class. I've set up the groups but I don't seem to be able to assign groups in a quiz.

• 21 Likes
  • 45 Replies

We're interested in creating a sub-account-level role (or is it an account-level role with people assigned to department sub-accounts?) for a visiting accreditation team. Below is the list of permissions that make sense to me at first glance. This is...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

It's the end of term and I have a whole bunch of grades. Mixed in the grade book are a few ungraded assignments here and there. Is there a way to see any and all ungraded assignments in some sort of list format so I don't miss any?

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Can you set up anonymous discussion posting?

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to hide the inbox icon in the left navigation toolbar? possible CSS?

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi, One of my navigation buttons links to an external site outside of Canvas, and it adds in the little 'external link' icon, which throws the height of that particular button out of sync with the rest. See example here: Just wondering if there's a q...

• 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I have been using grace periods for assignment submissions with some assignments, and I was wondering if there is a way I can disable how Canvas flags an assignment as late if submitted after the due date?  I tried deleting the due date after the gra...

• 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies