GwenFitzpatrick
Community Explorer

Can a rubric be created with just 3 columns.  Is this possible

Unit 2: Creating a PWA with a service worker

Criteria

Ratings

Total possible points for this item

Using the contents of want-ad folder, in a PWA.

Add code to connect to the main.js file

Not completed    -5      

Create a service worker java script file that does the following

1.     registers the service worker

2.     caches the content of the want-ads website

Service worker not coded at all   -5

Service worker coded but did not cache the website files -5

Service worker code did not register the service worker -5

Create a main.js file that activates the service worker.

Main.js did not get coded  -5

main.js did not activate the service worker correctly -5

total points

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @GwenFitzpatrick ...

No, not really.  In your "Criteria" column, any text you put in Canvas for those criteria will not be formatted in paragraphs like you have them.  It will be a regular text block...so no unique formatting like paragraphs, numbering, bold, italics, underlining, etc.

For your "Ratings" column, I think you're going to need to split these apart a bit more.  For example, for your second row, you're going to want to split these into three separate rows...each with a maximum point value of 5 points each.  You'd make the ratings with the word "not" in them worth 0 points, and then you'd make a similar sentence (with positive wording) worth 5 points ... so you'd have 15 points total.  Do the same for your third row...split that one into two rows...each worth 5 points.  If students don't meet the criterion, they get 0 points, but if they do...5 points.  I threw together a quick example in my own sandbox course of what this might look like for you:

Screenshot 2023-07-07 141329.jpg

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but this is a way it could be done.  Hope it helps in some way.

View solution in original post