QUIZ: Only show incorrect answer in second attempt

Jump to solution
KateTran
Community Member

Currently I am designing quizzes which allow maximum of 3 attempts. 

For some quizzes, out of 10 questions, students only answer 1 question wrongly. However, when they take a second attempt, the screen shows all the questions in the quiz. 

I want the screen of the second attempt to only show the wrong answer, NOT all the answers.

Could you please suggest how I can do this in the new quiz?

Thanks a lot,

Kate

0 Likes
1 Solution
cstrikwerda
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @KateTran 

Thanks for posting the community!

It sounds like you want to select the quiz option to "Let Students see their quiz responses" when editing the quiz, and then deselect "Show Correct Answers"

You can allow students to see correct quiz answers after completing the quiz. This setting enables a green Correct tab on every correct answer for the entire quiz. Quizzes default to this option, so if you do not want students to see the correct answers, deselect the checkbox.

If you allow at least one attempt for the quiz, the Let Students See The Correct Answers area will display a Only after their last attempt checkbox. Selecting this option means that students can only see the correct quiz answers after their last attempt

Here is a guide for those settings as well:
https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/What-options-can-I-set-in-a-quiz/ta-p/683

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes