Publishing

Jump to solution
DanielleReysen
Community Novice

Is there a way to pre-set or establish rules for my weeks classes to publish on a certain date? Example, Monday is Week 3 and I want all that information to be published Sunday night at midnight. Or is publishing all manually done? Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
JackieStoss
Instructure
Instructure

Hi, @DanielleReysen !

Scheduling Publish dates for pages is a feature that has to be enabled by your institution. If this feature is enabled, this video explains how to schedule publish dates.

If you want an entire module to publish on a specific date, I would recommend publishing the module now, or even the week before, and then schedule those pages to publish on a specific date. 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @DanielleReysen,

Aside from Pages, which @JackieStoss gave ex axplanation for, I think you're going to find that publishing is mostly a manual action.  With that being said, most things in Canvas have availability dates in addition to being published, so often teachers will publish things ahead of time but restrict the student view of items with availability dates (especially in assignments, quizzes, and discussions).

I hope this info helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post