Dropbox question close but assignment stay open

Jump to solution
RYANQUIGLEY
Community Member

If I have an assignment that has a dropbox with an online submission, is there anyway to lock the dropbox and have the assignment stay open to be seen by students still??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
kylieannpugh
Instructure
Instructure

Hello, 

Yes, if the submission dates are closed then your students will not be able to continue to make submissions but they will still be able to see the assignment and their own submission. 

I'm also including some information on the difference between availability dates and due dates for your reference. 

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@RYANQUIGLEY ...

In addition to the helpful information you've received from @kylieannpugh, I'd like to just briefly address the terminology of "Dropbox" for clarification purposes.  Canvas does not have a "Dropbox" for assignments.  Students just submit their work to assignments, but there's no further "Dropbox" terminology that's associated with that.  Also, as you may already know, Dropbox.com is a completely different website for cloud storage of personal files, for example.  Finally, when I was a Canvas administrator in higher education in Wisconsin, before we migrated to Canvas, we were using a LMS called Pearson eCollege's LearningStudio, and students had a "Dropbox" to submit work to their instructors.

Even though this didn't really help to address your question, I hope this little bit of information will be helpful to you.

View solution in original post