Canvas app is displaying rich text comments in html markup

Jump to solution
shadowplumber
Community Explorer

The comment features for assignment submissions (i.e., when I, the instructor, give comments on student work) now enables rich text features. Good on ya, it's nice.

However, the Canvas mobile apps display these comments in HTML markup (including HTML entities for certain characters). I've got a ton of confused students who don't know anything about HTML wondering why I'm giving them gobbledygoook for comments.

Is there a timeline to patch this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffCampbell
Community Coach
Community Coach

This has been reported and is a known issue being worked on. You can see some information here: [OPEN] Android Student | Submission comments show HTML tags 

I would advise submitting a ticket. This does two things. One, it helps the engineers know just how widespread the issue is. Issues that have a massive impact (more widespread or more critical failures) can get prioritized higher. Two, once the issue is fixed, you are more likely to get an update to your ticket via email.

When you submit a ticket, include a link to the issue linked above so it connects your ticket to this known issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes