NOT getting email Notifications for Delayed Announcements

mq11
Community Member

Last academic year (2023-2024), I used to be able to delay announcements and when these future dates arrived and the announcements were finally posted in canvas, then students will get an email notification on that day as well.

This is no longer happening.

I have posted 4 different delayed announcements, for a future date at 12 am, only to find out when I wake up that no one was ever notified. The announcement is indeed posted in canvas on time but students don't get notifications, so students might have no idea that I sent them an announcement unless they happen to be logged into canvas after the fact.

Why did this change? I like to delay important announcements and release them at 12am i.e. ""HW is due today etc.. "" should be announced starting at 12 am on the deadline

If I stay awake until 12am I can publish that announcement and students will get notified but I can't do that everytime. Please help, what can I do now?

Best,

MQ

P.s. I (the instructor) also don't get the notification, and I have allowed for notifications from Announcements in Settings in Canvas. I only get them for recently published announcements but not delayed ones.

Labels (1)
Users who also had this question