All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2015. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: KEYNOTE: JOSH COATES (instcon15)​Josh Coates has built a career the way he builds a business—by reimagining the way things can be done (even if it requires doing some major surgery with an a...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2015
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Always On: Transmediating the University Course​Break down the classroom walls! Embrace the flowing asymmetry and transform teaching and learning into an amazing flow of pedagogically passio...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Student Centered Communication:  Don't be "Too Much, Too Little, Too Late"​Do you want to increase student satisfaction and success in your online course? Delivering the right information at...

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Subaccount StrategiesAn effective subaccount hierarchy can go a long way toward making an admin's life, and their users' lives, much easier. We will cover a wide range of things to consider ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Canvas and the Mega Course FactoryHow do you manage a course with 200+ students? Hold your breath, make a wish, and count to three... This session will tour attendees through the sweet and s...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit Multimedia Workflow Tool Built Into Canvas Using LTI and DrupalOur group has developed a system for uploading video and adding it to Canvas pages using the WYSIWIG editor. All source video ty...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Money Matters: Using Canvas for Federal Financial AidLearn how, in a few short weeks, the University of Central Florida was able to leverage Canvas institution-wide to satisfy federal financ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Harmonious Implementation: Med Center’s ConcertoAre you a medical center campus interested in learning about implementing Canvas? We have lifted the curtain on our implementation and want to...

Instructure Instructure
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Using Data for Insight: Case Studies with Canvas Data​The Canvas team has been hard at work making our customer data available for large scale reporting and analytics through the Hosted Data...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It has almost been a month since we gathered to learn, share, and grow together, at InstructureCon!You may have noticed that some of the video recordings from #instcon sessions have been posted to our Youtube Channel. Be sure to subscribe to our chan...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2015
  • 10 Likes
  • 31 Replies

Are there any videos of InstructureCon up yet? Our colleague Trevor gave a presentation and we're all desperate to watch it!

• 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Check out the start of a great thread on graphic resources, inspired by InstCon15, in the Instructional Designers group!   Graphics Tips

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since I was unable to attend InstCon15, I was wondering about the availability of the presentations for people who did not attend.  I looked through the agenda, and some of the talks sounded very interesting.ThanksRon

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Instructurecon2015 was totally amazing. Kudos to everyone who had a part in planning and executing the event.

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2015
  • 4 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Just wondering when InstructureCon presentation videos will be posted and how one could access those videos once available.Thanks.

• 9 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey guys,Does anyone know if the karaoke performances were recorded?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This post originally appeared on my personal blog: #Instcon 2015: the Connectivist Conference | DesignED Learning I attempted an experiment this past week at InstructureCon (#instcon) 2015.  Instead of taking "solo notes" during sessions, I decided t...

• 6 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Well, it's official. The Top Tweeter digital badge goes to  @adam_b_nemeroff ​. Wa-hoo!!! Congrats on being the one to post the most tweets about #instcon. As of Monday June 22, 2015, all digital badges will officially be inactivated. So, if you want...

InstructureCon 2015
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey everyone! I hope you all had as amazing a time as I did at InstructureCon 2015. So many great people, so much great information and inspiration. As you may or may not know, I am working on starting up a podcast all about Canvas. After recording a...

InstructureCon 2015
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

tl;dr: This is an open discussion where you all can publicly share your qualitative thoughts and feedback about InstructureCon 2015! Please post before reading the comments from others. Then feel free to reply to others!So InstructureCon 2015 came, t...

InstructureCon 2015
  • 74 Likes
  • 126 Replies

It was a beautiful sunrise this morning in Park City!  Hard to say goodbye to such an amazing week of connections, sharing, and morale boosting workshops.  Stay in touch with the people you felt inspired by this year and find each other in the Commun...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Olivia Newton John was here!  She gave a fantastic performance with songs from her early Country albums, musical show tunes, and some of her all time favorites.  Check out The Official Website for Olivia Newton-John if you found yourself wondering ab...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Student-Centered Learning: The Song for the 2015 InstCon was performed live last night for the first time here on stage! If you haven't downloaded the track yet, here's the link that will take you to the download page: InstructureCon 2015.​ I was hop...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

​So of course I have the SCL ear worm. I noticed that there were flyers saying you could download the theme song but I can't find it. Anyone know if you really can download & where to get it if so?

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Have you ever thought "I teach K-3 so Canvas just can't help me that much."  This workshop will change your mind! Elementary students demonstrate their engagement and love of Canvas by using the available tools to create an active community as studen...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Use Canvas to self assess your own engagement with your courses, or to check up on others as they roll out implementation.  Check out the presentation from this afternoon's workshop I’m So Tired: Managing Fatigue with Canvas​. Particularly valuable f...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Connecting with students in an online environment can always be a challenge.  Canvas has so many options to connect with students and make them feel like they are part of the online class community. Have you used the Scheduler to set up appointments ...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Many schools are pushing the frontier into 1:1 initiatives from students.  This afternoon session Our Outgoing Journey to Mobile Parity​ talked about some of the third party tools they use to make their Mobile Design a reality for students and allow ...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If you missed Brian Gates big announcements at the General Session, you have a second chance to check out his presentation this afternoon going into more detail about the Data soon to be available for Canvas Users. Canvas Product Vision.​  Daily user...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2015
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've always loved going to educational conferences - when I was a K-8 teacher, the Science Teacher conferences always seemed to fall in February or March - just when I needed a break and I always returned to my classroom re-energized for the remainde...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2015
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies