I have installed several APPs in settings, but they do not showup.

Jump to solution
StephenBryant01
Community Explorer

Greetings:

Using the Free for Teachers I have created courses.  When I go to setting to add APPs  (ie, Vimeo, MS Office, Youtube) the install seems to work fine.  However, the applications do not show up in the Apps / Installed view.  The apps are available to me when creating content, they are just not visible as installed Apps. 

Help is greatly appreciated.

Steve

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @StephenBryant01 ...

When I want to see what apps have been installed by me either at the course level or at the Canvas admin level (I'm a Canvas admin at our College), I instead click on the "View App Configurations" button.  Any apps that are in that list are either installed at the Canvas account level or at the course level.  Since you are using the FFT (Free For Teacher) version of Canvas, your apps that you installed should have a gear/cog wheel icon next to them.  The apps with a padlock icon and the "i" info icon cannot be uninstalled.  The following Guide will show you some screenshots of what this looks like:

How do I manage external app placements for a cour... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Hope this will help in some way!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi @StephenBryant01 ...

You're not alone in wondering why some apps don't appear in the "Installed" tab.  I've often wondered that myself.  It seems to me like if a specific app doesn't require a Consumer Key and a Shared Secret (I compare this to a Username and Password), then if you install the app to your course, it will show up under the "Installed" tab.  Take, for instance, the "Redirect Tool".  That LTI does not require a Consumer Key and Shared Secret.  So, once you click on that app to install it into your course and configure the options you want, then it should show up in your "Installed" tab.  But, other apps that do require the Consumer Key and Shared Secret may have slightly different ways to install the app...and so because of that, my educated guess is that those are not showing up under "Installed" for one reason or another.  For the most part, I always go to my "View App Configurations" button...because I know for certain that's where I can find the true source of what is installed either at the account level or at the course level...depending on where I'm currently looking as a Canvas administrator.

Hope this helps in some way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes