Change course look?

Jump to solution
DeeUmper
Community Explorer

How much of the course "look" can I change? Right now, everything is light grey (hard to see) with very small , narrow font.  While spectacularly clean-looking, it's visually monotonous. and, for that reason, very hard to follow.  I'm using FFT and will have students from ages 16 to 100 years old who have limited-to-no familiarity with any LMS.  Many will also likely have vision correction.  I'd like to use different fonts with different styles (bold, underline, etc.), different sizes, and colors.  Say, for example, Inside the Modules page, I might change each heading to...

Module 1

Module 2

Module 3

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@DeeUmper ...

The RCE (Rich Content Editor) has many formatting options that you can use to design your course content pages.  You might want to watch this short video to see what kinds of things you can do:

Rich Content Editor (All Users) - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Keep in mind, too, that you'll want to ensure that your page design meets accessibility standards.  You can check your content for any accessibility concerns by following the steps in this Guide:

How do I use the Accessibility Checker in the Rich... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TrishaMeyer1
Community Contributor

Hi @DeeUmper ,

You can't do much with the font on the Modules page, but you can use emoji tags to liven up your page. While in the editing view, right click (or 2-finger tap) and select the top option (Emoji). The options are somewhat limited, but you should be able to find things to make your lines more visually appealing:

🟥 Module 1

🔵 Module 2

💜 Module 3

Another source of emoji tags is a site such as emojipedia.com. You can copy/paste into the editor.

You also can use blank text headers to make more white space, and you can use the Indent feature to visually "highlight" text by surrounding it with white space on all 4 sides.

I believe there are some third-party apps that allow users to change the fonts in Modules, but I don't remember what they are. Maybe someone else will be able to point you to that thread here.

View solution in original post