sandbox course

Jump to solution
LauraMcDougal
Community Member

I am working through a training course on Canvas and am trying to access the Home page for my sandbox course.  When I go to homepage, I do not have a pencil icon to edit and change my home page.  what am I doing wrong? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@LauraMcDougal If your sandbox is a 100% blank course (meaning was not copied from some sort of template) than you have to set your homepage to an actual page first.  On the homepage, on the right side, you should see the option to "Choose Homepage".  Here is a guide on the options and what they each mean:  How do I change the Course Home Page? - Instructure Community

If you want it to be an actual page that you put content on than you need to first create a page and then set it as the "front page" so it can be chosen as the homepage.  Here are the steps to setting a page as the front page.  A page must be published for it to be chosen:  How do I set a Front Page in a course? - Instructure Community

Once you have an actual page set as your homepage, then you will see the edit option in the top right corner like you are wanting.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post