only available with link feature

Jump to solution
SusanCannon
Community Member

Where do I get the link for files, and how do I get that link to students?

My goal is to allow only students who have submitted homework to see the solutions file.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@SusanCannon -

One way to do it is to put the solution into your files area and give it permission of only students with link can view it.

Then go to the gradebook and for that assignment click on the ellipses and select message students who...

Unfortunately, there is not a choice of students who have submitted.  All you have is scored more than (and you get to enter the amount) or what may work is the have not been graded option.  The scored more than would work - provided the assignment has been graded.  If you want them to have access before then, it is up to the have not been graded, but I do not know if that would give only those with submissions.

Just remembered I have a way to check the have not been graded case.  Unfortunately, that option would be for all students - those that submitted and those who have not.

In any case if you were to use the message students who feature(after grading), then you would go to your files area and right click on the solution file to copy the url of that file.  Just paste that code into the message and send it to the students.  they would then be able to download the file from the message that they receive in inbox.

Ron

View solution in original post

0 Likes