dashboard and "home" page keep loading

Jump to solution
HanwenWANG
Community Member

My dashboard keeps loading and doesn't display any content. I can access the course page via "course" button. But the home of course is blank. They do have content on the mobile app. 

I have cleared the cookies and cache for canvas, but it doesn't work. 

I am using Edge browser. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Solutions
TrishaMeyer1
Community Contributor

Hi @HanwenWANG ,

When I see this behavior on the dashboard, it usually means the browser is out of date. You mentioned that you cleared your cache. Have you also tried updating your browser?

View solution in original post

On a different site that my students use, it suddenly stopped displaying things correctly for them, but for me it worked just fine. Come to find out, the site had a subdomain that was missed when they whitelisted the site for our district's security suite. Beyond just checking networking, you might coordinate with your district's tech. They would be able to watch the traffic while you try accessing Canvas in case they see something that could explain the issue.

The next option is to submit a support ticket to Canvas (this is a community forum, not tech support, so if there is a problem that is more in that domain, they would be better equipped to help). It is more likely on your end if you can see it from a phone or Chrome, but there is a chance they have seen this before and might have some different advice for you.

0 Likes

@HanwenWANG ...

I am using the exact same version of Edge that you are, and I have no issues navigating around Canvas.  Have you tried clearing your history/cache in your browser, closing the browser completely, then re-starting the browser to see if there is any improvement?

Even though I've had success with Edge, both Chrome and Firefox are good alternatives that work well with Canvas...so you may ultimately have to have one of those installed on your computer as well.

You can also reach out to Canvas Support to get assistance from them.  They might have some other suggestions for you...or have you change some settings to get things working.

Good luck to you!

0 Likes