Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I teach at Mount Carmel College of Nursing. How do  I  put in a 3 point paper quiz under quizzes? I am not talking about the new quizzes under assignments but a paper quiz under the quiz section. I can not get the pts to show up hohandley@mccn.edu

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When the school year is up, in what way are we sending the chromeboooks back to the school?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a free account for teachers and I am being limited to 3 questions in a quiz that I am authoring. Why is this? Is there a setting I can change to author more questions?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Cannot find inbox-ing. Can you send a link? Regards, Viktor

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I used to be able to look at metadata on submitted assignments in MS Word.(after downloading)The metadata seems to be missing now (cleaned).How do I view the MS Word Metadata on submitted assignments?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So I wonder, we have a picture on the front side and some links bellow the picture. The problem is that the students miss the links and don't think about scrolling down the page. I would like to have the picture on the left and the links or other tex...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to install Intercom's chat feature onto my canvas site. The following link explains that I need to insert a small snippet of Javascript code: Install Intercom on your website (for logged-out visitors) | Help Center Is this possible to do withi...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The dashboard on my canvas app on my phone works, but on my account, my courses doesn't show up on the dashboard. What can i do to fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are a small college in the East Midlands (UK) and are looking at broadcasting lessons either using big blue button or a more suitable piece of software.  Could anyone recommend any outside organisation who could suggest hardware/software (If big b...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hej Jag är kursledare för L3MA11 på Pedagogen GU, och har en inlämningsuppgift som är anonym. Studenterna är indelade i tre seminariegrupper med ca 35 studenter/grupp. Lärare A ansvarar för seminariegrupp A, Lärare B för grupp B och lärare C för grup...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So we have a lot of individual plans for students in English. I wonder If I can lock modules to just one or two students to see in a course, as I can do with tasks. Also I wonder if there is any canvas courses that our school can attend to atm./Maria...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am looking into archiving procedures for our VLE platform. As we are a university originally born in Scotland but now with 5 global campuses, I thought that the best way of creating a hierarchical structure which is not Anglo-centric would be...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Our university has gone to Ungraded assessment. I need to develop Rubrics that indicate if the student obtained a Satisfactory or Not Yet Satisfactory result in the various criteria of the rubric. I would like to give them feedback in a Feedback colu...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016?  For school assinments

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I have created a continuing course (without students in it) to use as a Blueprint Course for a course for myself and another teacher. I do not have a checkable box under settings as indicated in the canvas guides. I have attached a snip of what i ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A professor is having an issue. She can see a student viewing a class but isn't listed in the class. Trying to figure out what is going wrong. Doesn't list the student as being in the class, but might be.

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI have a instructor account. In that in one course i have set some parameters and values in Custom Fields which is available in course -> settings -> apps -> view app configurations -> In that page i have chosen my item -> edit.Is there any courses...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a project that lasts all semester.  I have a different due date for each student and I want to randomly assign a peer review in advance so that those doing a review will know that it is their week to do the review.  Do I have to manually assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had a test set up as a Graded Survey. The students took the test and saved their responses. Can I convert this test over to Graded Quiz without losing/affecting any of the responses the students entered? As a Graded Survey, it looks like it tallies...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have to use lock down browser but when i go to canvas my courses are just a white screen

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I change someone's grade on a graded survey?  Right now everyone gets full credit if they log in to give their feedback on a speaker (no right or wrong answers) but I'd like to manually change to 0 the folks who log in and fill out the survey to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

thought I knew how but the new gradebook seems different

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a long Word document for my students, and, for ease of navigation, I created internal hyperlinks (which are called "Bookmarks" in Word) so that my students can easily and quickly navigate to different parts of the document by clicking the h...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I delete or edit picture on dashboard after the course is published?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I log into Canvas I go to the dashboard and I can't view my courses on the dashboard tab. I couldn't see the modules or any writings so I'm confused on why I can't work from my computer because I have to work on my homework through my phone ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am struggling with responding to discussion posts.  Anyone else?  And how do you handle this?  Any ideas?

• 10 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I gave a test under assignments with a closure date of 1:15 pm today and the test is still available for the students to view.  When they click on the gradebook, it shows the whole test. How can I delete their ability to view this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, a teacher is looking to create class participation grades in Canvas (I would imagine as an assignment).  Please see her email below.  FYI - I am new to Canvas - so I figured I would ask you all here for a good answer.  Please see below.Hi.I want ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I did a search for all "Question bank" related questions and could not find my this question, so it may be that I'm missing something fundamental. I am in the process of cleaning up question banks in my courses. Due to the need to import from other c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you set up gradebook for a class?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies