Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am trying to take an exam and when I press "Take Quiz" the page just refreshes and does not take me to the quiz.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Ever since I got this phone, widgets haven't been working for me at all. I'm not sure if it has to do with my school or my phone. It refuses to display any grades or my to-do list. Instead it says there's "no items to...

• 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Since you have turned off the ability to comment on the new gradebook design, I will leave it here.You have once again added useless features and added more useless complexity with your recent gradebook changes while overlooking or changing potential...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since you have shut off the ability to leave a comment elsewhere, I will leave it here.You have once again added useless features and added more useless complexity with your recent gradebook changes while overlooking or changing potential or currentl...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I deleted a student who had entered incorrect information in their account and tried to have them create a new account but it tells them the username is already in use (was the same username in the account I deleted)Tried clearing the cache - rest...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Poniendo en más contexto, dentro de nuestra cuenta de CANVAS, pretendemos enviar emails de notificación a nuestros estudiantes sobre el estado de su curso, es decir, cursos pendientes, avisos, correos de bienvenida, etc. pero las notificaciones globa...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I show grades that I have hidden. I can't get the "eye" to go away. I can't get the grades to show after using the hide button.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to converge information that is repeated in each course that is the same?Cynthia Cory

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am attempting to revise an API call that resides in a PowerShell script and am looking for some direction/advice (full disclosure, I have inherited someone else's program).  We have a course called New Student Orientation that students must complet...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hi is posible on Canvas to show on the assigments list the % sign if my assigment is grade by percentage?Im having assigments by points and by percentage but when I enter to the Assigments List, all the asigments is market by pts and is very difficul...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone.  I am glad that Canvas has provided this venue for teachers to ask things that could improve their teaching craft. I also believe that sharing is caring .  Here is my question, Is there such a thing as a proctoring app with face detec...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The file says "view feedback" but I cannot see any comments when I view the text online or download the file.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A discrepancy has come up over the work a student said he completed three years ago and what the teacher says he did. This issue needs to be resolved in order for this student to graduate from the class. (It's a religious seminary class.) Is there an...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to find out what time a student started and submitted a quiz. I live in EST.Question 1: When I get to the "Session Information" page for this student's quiz it says "Started at Wed Sep 04 2019 22:29:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)". Am...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is not about scientific notation. I am just putting it out there, that many of us engineering instructors would really like the option for engineering notation, and my dream - metric notation - to be used in the answers and calculations. Most pe...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello wonderful community,I have tried to find html for building an accordion learning object. I have used H5P but since they have changed their terms of use, embedding on the free account will no longer be available. I have tried Bootstrap Build, bu...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, has anyone taught MOA 111?  I see CPT/AED should be taught and/or quizzed on.  How did you all approach this topic as I am not seeing any information on it as of now?  I have contacted a colleague to see if she can help with this.  Your feedback ...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Pardon my tone, but I am beyond angry. I have a very big IELTS preparation course and my students WERE INVITED TO A CONFERENCE ON CANVAS by someone else!!!!They were spammed in the middle of the night! AT 2 am!There is a recording of people talking S...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I transfer grades from Discussion section assignments to the main course Canvas assignment page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why would my dashboard be blank? I'm unable to get into dashboard using my macbook pro OSX Yosemite 10.10.5. Is it compatible?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to submit a google docs to canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am wondering if there is a way to attach a link to the header logo in canvas catalog. It goes to the catalog page, but we would like it to go to our website home page.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I read this article about overriding a final grade: How do I override a student's final grade in the New Gradebook? However, I don't see the "Advanced" tab that allows me to select the check box for grade override.I also noticed that there is a comme...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do o send a notice to parents of all of my failing students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I turn in my final grades?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to get my students to login in to access my fee account. The email address provided may be blocking emails sent to accept their invitation. 

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like to use Question Banks for all my courses. When I go to make a new quiz and click on New Question Group to pull questions from a bank, I can see ALL my Question Banks across ALL of my courses. Is there any way to only view the Banks that for th...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My email is not working to sign in to take the end of course survey

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assign a 5 question essay exam for one of my courses, and these exams obviously take a while to grade. Occasionally I have to take a break from grading when in the middle of grading an exam, with only some of the questions grades. I had assumed tha...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've been working for several hours trying to get Canvas to not show points. I've searched the old Q&A, and I see the issue of specifications grading came up in 2016 and again in 2018. I know I can create grading schemes that work on Pass/Fail. But t...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies