Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Can a student make multiple submissions of an assignment?   

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Macbook will not display the first page of canvas that has my classes on it. The screen just flashes. What can I do to fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The course name shows up in my grade book in skyward, but when I click on it, it only shows my past grade and the teacher.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I go about e-mailing the entire class? Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We've had a couple people contact us who registered for a recently launched course report back that when they sign in and see their Catalog dashboard they see a lock on the course and can't  click in to enter.  When I look at them in Canvas they've r...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you import quiz questions from Word format into CANVAS?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I give an instructor access to a module?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi, so there was a pre recorded video put up on canvas, but for some reason it wouldn't load, showing only a white screen.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are unable to view my modules. How do I enable them to view?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a quiz or exam, is it possible to do that for multiple sections (say 3 PSYCH 1a courses) simultaneously?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How many turnitin assignments can I have in my course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to reset the course dates in an existing Canvas course?  I know when you import course content to set up a new course you can adjust the dates, but I did not see a way in settings to adjust the dates once the content in already there. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like students to collaborate on/workshop their creative writing pieces. I've put them into groups of 3, but I think that if I use "Collaborate" they will only be able to see one of their documents. How can I best set it up so they can respond to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere, and finding out after-the-fact is not an option, so I'm throwing this out there:Is there a word/character limit in answers to an essay question in a quiz? I'm not expecting students to produce a 50,000-word dis...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am unable to locate any instructions for how students can access a WebEx meeting through Canvas. Any thoughts on this? Thank in advance.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I upload a comprehensive Final Exam from ExamView?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our district has a Vocational School and one of the programs is Cosmetology.  Students in this class are required to receive a specific number of Face To Face hours in order to receive their license.  With school closures, these students are unable t...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Images inserted into a quiz does not show up in student view. Image looks like a lock pad lock

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two different groups taking the same module, how can I crosslist?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I make every response to a multiple choice question count as the correct question with out requiring every answer to be selected to get 100%. Example, Answering A B C or D would give you full credit for the question

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the instructor, how do I invite students to zoom meeting through canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Details:Instructor has a moderated assignment with three other graders.He has completed the step of moderating the assignment and accepting the grades from the other 3 graders.He has also published the grades.He saw the graders' comments last time he...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to cross list my sections in Canvas so that the students can participate in a group discussion.  I don't see the cross list tab on the right side of the screen like the video showed.  Is there another way to connect my classes?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are using a Canvas course with educators. The educators are added to this course as students. We want them to be able to add events to the course calendar, but when they add the event, there is not an option in the pull-down menu. Is there a way t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have recorded two lectures via Caltura Captioning app in My videoar. (I marked them in the library, and pressed Publish in the Action bar.). The message is "published" . However, the students cannot see them. Am I doing wrong? Thanks

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

with in module 2 of bio med of careerstep, how are the questions in the workbook scoring kept?   not able to input answers or tabulate scoring. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm certain the Canvas servers are being hammered with the giant and sudden conversion to online schools all across the nation, but what are the pragmatics of large file uploads?  I have a zoom file I have tried multiple times to upload to either ann...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not the office manager. I am a secretary for the science department. My role is to keep student records, and assist the Science Department Coordinator.  I am learning about Canvas so that I can help my Department Coordinator.  Where should I sta...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set my home page as syllabus, but now that it is an online course I need to have the home page set to pages.  My students do not know how to access the day's materials.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have three sections in a single canvas course and are assigning each student to one of two groups in each section.Having selected “people” then moving to the tab of one section, students from all sections are available to assign a group.  Is there...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies