Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We've been running the script  @Steve_25 ‌ shared to include observers in a Canvas Inbox message. I have staff receiving an invalid recipient name error when they try to send a message where they've used this button, but it seems to be inconsistent:S...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

A student can not see her classes in card view on the dashboard, they are there in her Courses and in List View but not Card View. How can we get them back?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I want have a few students that need additional time to complete their online exam. Does anyone know how to give different time limits for different students?I thought that making a group would help, but the group I made doesn't appear as an opti...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

"Google It" link appearing in all of my quiz questions.  What is this, where did it come from, and how do I remove it?  Not everyrone can see it though, which is the really weird part.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a place in Canvas where I can view where all the students in my course completed an assignment or multiple assignments. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have searched and so far all I get in information for group assignments, when students work collaboratively in a group.  My question is different and, perhaps, the Canvas terminology is different than I am used to.  In Moodle, I used to be able to ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to upload jpeg pictures to my canvas quiz however canvas will not let me upload the images from my email. It also doesn't allow me an option to upload them from google drive. I also can't copy and paste the pictures either. I need these diagra...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How did I add a phone number to my contact information?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to add a quick review of how to use BLEND to my assignments.  What is the best way to do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a Parent / Observer are we able to see the assignments/work that our child has completed and submitted? How do we know it has been completed? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I currently don't see a way for you to get notified when someone replies to your discussion posts (or replies to your replies). Is there a way? Blackboard had this feature, which is what I liked about Blackboard more than I like Canvas.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have combined year groups into one course. Essentially staff are collaborating to teach the same learning content.  But, is there a way that one staff member can see their own assigned class(es)'s submissions?I.e. Assign assignment task to all stu...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's an individual assignment - the group box is NOT checked, but it is prompting me to choose a group before accessing SpeedGrader. Why would that be? Will my comments be visible to all members of the group? 

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to open Grades tab for my Spanish 2 class but it just continually spins.  I have tried for two day, at different times, and yes, I have refreshed, restarted, shut down and restarted, etc.  My other classes open.  What can I do to fix this...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can a student login to Canvas without having to go through Powerschool first?I went here:  Log In to Canvas and the student put in their NHC schools email but it did not work.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been creating a different page for my students to click on for each day of our remote learning.  On the most recent page, I uploaded a 15 minute video.  It seems to play fine by my view.  But, where is the file stored on Canvas?  I can't find ...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The formula question example shows how to ask students ridiculously easy questions like "What is [x] + 5?"Or "Calculate the weight of [x] blue whales."For those of us who don't teach elementary school, this is not useful.I want give my students a ran...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How long can the user be idle before losing authentication or his/her session timeout? 

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What does the migrate button do? 

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Canvas,We were told that CANVAS has a function that records student activity in the class, so we can identify those who are not engaged and notify their advisor. We were told that this is the SER (Student Engagement Rositer) Function. I've looke...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a layered class with 5 different sections of drama students combined into the same class period. In an effort to prepare for our new distance learning model, I cross-listed those sections into one combined course. However, in doing so I lost a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’ve given a questionnaire to my class via “quizzes” on canvas. I want to know where I can receive and view their responses.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I left a lot of feedback in a discussion for my student. I went to the discussion and it is not there. Is is hiding somewhere?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Experiencing significant issues with audio breaking-up while attempting to deliver live class, via Canvas Conferences feature, (Big Blue Button).The problem is so great that Live delivery is a waste of student's and my own time. Currently using Safar...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to move my para educator from a TA to an observer. How do I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you create a teacher account?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i change and ungraded assignment for student displaying 0 to not display anything until graded?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to create a course certificate when not using Canvas Catalog?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies