Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I create a prerequisite for my modules? I don't want students to skip pages to get straight to the quizzes.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Grade Book.I want to be able to "see" the possible total points in the total column.  From what I am reading I can't.  This is a feature in Blackboard that was nice.  You could see that your total points possible matched what you have in your syllabu...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been making videos of lectures, and interspersing them with music and films.  I have run out of space in my course files, and can't figure out how to delete lectures I have already used out of the "course files" folder.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I assign a quiz to a group? I created three learning paths in a course. I can easily assign discussions and assignments to groups but I can't figure out how to assign the quiz to that group. Is it possible? The only thing I can figure is to type ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My LTI 1.3 tool needs access to Canvas APIs.  Do I need to create both a Developer LTI key and a separate Developer API key?  Or can I use the same Developer Key for both tool configuration and API access?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a faculty member who set up a question in a quiz as essay but she really needed a Text (no question) type. What happens if I change it from essay to text? I know it won't give me a regrade option. Should I have the teacher go in and just enter...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do students have access to an assignment that is published on the Calendar but also included in a module that is locked?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola, quisiera saber si al crear un test con la herramienta New Quizzes, generando los ítems a partir de preguntas aleatorias desde distintos bancos de ítems, existe la posibilidad de reabrir la prueba para el estudiante u otorgar un nuevo intento en...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I gave my class a test in quizzes.  Now when I click on "quiz statistics" Canvas tells me it can't render quiz statistics.  Is  this because not every student has taken it or is this because it had a lot of questions and questions groups.   I can get...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had an exam (as an assignment with a Word document attached that contained the questions because it was essay format and that's how I wanted it) that was unpublished for a few days on Canvas before I wanted my students to have access to it. I set t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I retrieve the grades from an assignment that I deleted?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have figured out how to write a Formula question that gives two variables (let's say X and Y), randomly, and then asks students for the answer to something like "What is X + Y?".But is it possible, in the next question, to ask students "What is X –...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a new class in canvass, but when I entered the students into the class, it would only let me put them is as teachers, Student wasn't even an option.  How do I change their role in the class now?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can the Canvas -> Chat function be made to accept copy/paste of images, say for example a screenshot?Thank you,J

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can previous year's courses be "hidden" at the admin level? I am finding it difficult when searching for a course to scroll through all the past years' courses. Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course has concluded and my students are marked as having completed the course when I look them up in "People" from my Admin page.  However, when I "act as user" for one of my students and go to their Dashboard, the course is not listed as a compl...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to log into the beta site for our school Canvas. Every time I try to log in, it says invalid username and password. I know I have the right credentials because I can get into Canvas with them.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Just checking on a procedure for opening more storage space in Discussions. Students are getting a warning in posting shared file in Discussions – see attachment “Discussions” My patch was to go to my Account > Files and selected an old course and de...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas has been a life-saver for shifting my hybrid high school courses to an online-only format through the end of this school year, but GOSH, I would really, really like to be able to play some interactive Jeopardy Labs (JeopardyLabs - Online Jeopa...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to insert a picture into a quiz without using the embed feature?  It is a jpg file that I have stored on my computer that I would like to add to a quiz and I can't seem to find how to do that.

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I only have 5.2 GB. I am now working from home and doing my entire course online. Which means all my Lectures are now video files. I have exceeded my file limit. How do I get more GB? I have alot more content and videos to upload.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a multiple step problem, a quiz would ask for input of values at various stages of the calculation. In grading, we would need to grade the latter portions according to their responses to earlier questions.Very Simplified example of what we're tryi...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using the existing online tools like the instructor guide and the handy guide created by an individual, I've been able to figure out most of what I've needed to figure out to manage the peer review options in Canvas, however, I'm still left with a fe...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone! Hopefully someone can help. My classmate and I recorded a Zoom presentation (80.7 MB) and for our class we need to create a discussion post in Canvas and attach the file so our classmates can watch the presentation and discuss it. Howeve...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas question. I haven't been able to find answer in Canvas guides or online help. Quiz and the students were not allowed to see their answers until later.After the students took the test, in the quiz banks, I put correct answers in the little boxe...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

All students have submitted their assignment on time. Some of them have a clock sign instead of the green square. When I click on it, it directs me the same way as the green square to the paper. Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I installed the CK12 app with the code etc but I don't know how teachers can access it for material. My other apps show in the external tools when we are the editor or show in the menu. 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In assignments, I need an option under "submission type" that is different from those in the drop-down menu.  All my assignments are presented live in class (on Zoom right now) in the form of oral presentations or debates.  I am forced to select a su...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a conference is there a way to have groups within a course for example 6th grade students, 7th grade students, etc or a conference for a specific block of students instead of having to individually select what students you want to invit...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Problem: CANVAS discussion was designed for multiple groups, and the groups were deleted after the discussions were submitted and graded. Though individual student submissions are visible in SpeedGrader, the "overall conversation" is gone. Note: the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies