Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi,One of my classes has 26% of its final grade in "quick write" assignments. There are 13 assignments, lowest score should be dropped. So, 12 assignments worth 3% each. The Assignments section is set at 26%. I have 13 quizzes entered, and there is a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is anyone else seeing this? When attempting to create an Office 365 Collaboration, a "your session has expired" error occurs. I have filed Case 04930126 with Instructure to see if they can identify the cause.Steps to reproduce:In a Canvas course, cli...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there any way to set an automatic reply in Canvas Inbox? Which would then be sent to any and every individual student sending a message: either until the reply is turned off, or for a specified time period? Like with email and out of office / out ...

• 7 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello there,I've had some complaints from students that they're not receiving announcement notification e-mails, and on further investigation, it would appear that their e-mail address has not been confirmed and they never fully registered.The proble...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I just ran across H5P interactive content and really like the potential for my online classes. I know there are many, many apps that already are available in Canvas. I would have to pay for the H5P service if I go with that, but are there equivalent ...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Good Morning AllI'm hearing some trouble with our faculty using Chrome browser and Outlook through O365 to reply to messages received from students from Canvas.  The reply will not send just seems to load and load and fail.We recently moved to O365 a...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Each of the following questions could lead to teacher efficiencies, as well as less likelihood of improper labeling in regards to grade posting:It would be great if when a grade is entered in a gradebook that the "missing" label of pink (default colo...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do you add a signature line to email in canvas?  

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

At BYU-Idaho, we use Canvas as our LMS and it is linked to my BYU-Idaho Outlook email account.  This is my second semester of using these programs together.  In the past, I could respond in Outlook to a message that a student sent me through Canvas. ...

• 7 Likes
  • 24 Replies

How do I have canvas automatically sync unsubmitted assignments as missing in my grade book?I have canvas automatically update my grades ever day at 7, which is just the box to check, but i would like canvas to put "missing" in my grade book for the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have searched EVERYWHERE for this answer and cannot seem to find a solution. My district needs all the real estate we can get for our login screen. Is there any way to remove the "Body Shadow" from a Theme in the Canvas Theme Editor?

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I set up an assignment with peer review, a rubric in which students are supposed to write comments. I can see their comments in Speedgrader, but they cannot see the feedback they provided, and therefore not edit it, once they have submitted. This is ...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Can Canvas be integrated with CRM systems like Zoho and Salesforce? Can the student details be mutually transmitted between the 2 systems?

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I've gone to a lot of effort to design visually appealing homepages for my students that help link them out to different areas in the modules. Unfortunately when they view them on their chromebooks the resolution or screen size must be different beca...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I would like to export my quiz - item results to a csv or pdf. I see that this maybe was an option in "Quizzes" but can't find it in the new platform. Is this something in the works or is there a way to do it now?Documntation of old quiz export optio...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if there is a setting I am just missing/over looking that allows me to change the week start for my calendar to Monday. Every other calendar I use the week starts on Monday so I occasionally overlook the fact the week starts on...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,I am just starting with Canvas so sorry if what I ask is very basic, but I have followed instructions in the manual, not working and it is driving me mad:I want that the frontpage/landing page of my course is a page in which I will create a index/...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,I have a handful of students who have different accommodations that allow them to take exams for longer periods of time, which necessitates them having a different start time.I understand how to alter the total time available to them (for examp...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to gather feedback from learners about one of our eLearnings so have set up an ungraded survey. I assumed I would be able to add this to a Mastery Path which we haven't used before, and then discovered that as it's an ungraded survey, this isn...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I import people from another course?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I know how to mute/hide an assignment. Would either method hide annotations made in speedgrader, comments left in a rubric, or comments left in the comment box? 

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello to the Canvas community. I was wondering if there is a way to import Quizzes from a Word document into Canvas Quizzes?

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Nothing is loading on canvas and I need to upload a paper and it won't let me.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can an instructor delete or move assignment submissions submitted by the student to the wrong assignment?If an instructor cannot do either of these things, can a student delete or move their submissions?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What does a black exclamation point in a gradebook column means? Here is an example of the ! icon appearing in the grade column for a single homework assignment:

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I know that Canvas has Mastery Paths, but what if I have a group of students on IEPs, for example, to whom I know I just need to give a simplified or shorter version of an assignment, or include simplified instructions etc...?I don't necessarily need...

• 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hello,So I've been trying to complete an essay module but it shows up as a quiz module. The module is also timed and it says that I've had it open for 2 months or so and that's not right. I've messaged my professor and he says that the module looks f...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to change login email for teacher

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like my students to freehand draw a logic circuit that corresponds to an expression.  I see there is a calculator option if you want to include a calculator for a question in lockdown browser, but is there a drawing pad for canvas for student...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies